4 replies to this topic

#1 Jonesy

Jonesy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Have an acquaintance wanting to sell his "KWA" pistol.  He says it is a 1911 and I might be interested, but I only own KWA AEGs and never had a KWA pistol.

It currently does not have a magazine and I thought I remembered somewhere that some older model 1911 pistols do not have magazines manufactured anymore.

Will someone help me out and verify this model and whether or not I can get magazines for it?

Attached Files

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

I can tell straight from the really weird orange tip that you've got the original 1911A1 pistol. Try giving KWA a call to see if they've got any magazines left for the gun, because I can't see any being offered on their pro shop.

KWA's telephone number is 1-626-581-1777. They are open Weekdays 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (PST). They are closed on weekends and holidays.

And for the record, the 1911 MK PTP series magazines are not compatible with your 1911, but if you buy the 1911 US ARMY (being released in the near future), that gun will be compatible with the MK series magazines.

#3 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Looks like the old 1911A1.  One more way to confirm this is remove the slide catch and look at the pistol frame.  It should read KSC underneath.  LOL.

#4 Jonesy

Jonesy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Am I able to get any magazines for this model...be it KWA or other compatible manufacturer's models?

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostJonesy, on 14 August 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Am I able to get any magazines for this model...be it KWA or other compatible manufacturer's models?
I'm not too sure about a KSC magazine for the 1911A1, but you could try... like I said, it'd be wise to call up KWA and see if they've got any leftovers. It's gonna be hard to find magazines since the pistol has been discontinued for some time now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users