Jump to content


M9 Tactical PTP broken cylinder


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RayL

RayL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

I just got my M9 PTP tactical yesterday, and shot it a couple of times today when the slide jammed and a little piece fell out of it.

After that, the gun doesn't load any bb's into the barrel and the slide wont return to it's starting position.

Here's the part that the piece broke off from http://store.kwausa....erassembly.aspx

The little piece that broke is the one that pushes or guides the bb's from the magazine lips into the barrel. I'm using .25 airsoft elite bb's and green gas if it helps anyone.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Please call our CS department for warranty service. Telephone number is 626.581.1777, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST.

#3 gradstudent01

gradstudent01

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

I encountered the same problem with the same gun. I just finished a study for research day at my university through our weapons and equipment research institute involving airsoft guns and law enforcement training. The first time it broke, we sent it back to be replaced. The second time it broke we just said forget it due to time constraints. I did get some great data on 5 yard scores with our project though. I plan on doing my thesis on this and hope to one day work with an airsoft company and work out some kind of law enforcement training. There is a lot of potential with my data. At research day we actually had people who had heard about our poster and searched us out to hear about it.


-Elliot

#4 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Were you using propane or green gas?!

#5 RayL

RayL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

View PostShogo, on Apr 25 2009, 10:29 PM, said:

Were you using propane or green gas?!



View PostRayL, on Apr 18 2009, 05:41 PM, said:

The little piece that broke is the one that pushes or guides the bb's from the magazine lips into the barrel. I'm using .25 airsoft elite bb's and green gas if it helps anyone.

KWA PTP's are great on the outside, but are very delicate on the inside. The outer cylinder on the blowback mechanism is made of plastic and is prone to breaking or malfunctioning randomly. Also, most of the parts that are likely to break on the M9 PTP are out of stock at the Pro Shop for some reason. Reinforced outer cylinders and locking blocks would be great improvements for future releases.

#6 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

I'm sorry... did you answer my question.  Were you using propane or green gas?

Also, if it's out of stock on the ProShop have you attempt to call or use the help desk and ask if the parts is available?  Very often they have the parts but haven't updated the website.  

As far as I know my M9 PTP is rock solid, about the only thing that broke is the locking block and KWA fixed it for me free and got me a new and improved blocking block.  

Can you use the parts diagram and point out exactly which part fail on your gun?

#7 RayL

RayL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostShogo, on Apr 26 2009, 06:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry... did you answer my question.  Were you using propane or green gas?

Also, if it's out of stock on the ProShop have you attempt to call or use the help desk and ask if the parts is available?  Very often they have the parts but haven't updated the website.  

As far as I know my M9 PTP is rock solid, about the only thing that broke is the locking block and KWA fixed it for me free and got me a new and improved blocking block.  

Can you use the parts diagram and point out exactly which part fail on your gun?

Not to be rude, but the first post clearly said green gas and included a link to the broken part. To be more specific, part #312.

I sent the pistol to KWA 4/21 via UPS after receiving an RMA# and have yet to hear from them.

#8 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

What's the RMA#?  I can look it up.

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:City of Industry
  • Country:

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:07 AM

*scratches head* so how is the cylinder broken? something snap off?

#10 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

View PostRayL, on Apr 26 2009, 11:03 PM, said:

Not to be rude, but the first post clearly said green gas and included a link to the broken part. To be more specific, part #312.

I sent the pistol to KWA 4/21 via UPS after receiving an RMA# and have yet to hear from them.


If it's N5449 it arrived on 22nd.  However, bear in mind that each RMA we received takes 10-15 business days on turn around time.

#11 RayL

RayL

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

View Postallizard, on Apr 27 2009, 12:36 PM, said:

If it's N5449 it arrived on 22nd.  However, bear in mind that each RMA we received takes 10-15 business days on turn around time.

That's it, I'll wait it out now.

Thanks allizard.

#12 Buffalo

Buffalo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

I had the exact same problem with mine after about a month of ownership.  It was just after my warantee expired that it stopped working.  This might be something to look into improving for future models.  It is as though there is a stress concentrator right around that area (looks like an interior corner, which acts like a pre-existing crack) that causes it to fail.  

I had to do the replacement myself, and now the cylinder will lock forward about half the time.  This is more of an annoyance than anything else, but may lead to problems down the road.  I am thinking that I damaged either the return spring(s) and/or the housing/mounting assembly around it.  So, to all those who have this problem in the future, it might be best to have KWA professionally replace this part (or be a better gun tech than I am).




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users