• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dnl51077

dnl51077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Can anyone tell me why its double feeding. I recently bought the gun and shot great using green gas. shot about 14 mags through it. Switched to propane and silicone now the thing double feeds 3 or 4 times through each mag cycle.

#2 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

The MP7 bucking is very easily swelled by silicone oil, if you added too much of it to the mixture then you probably swelled the bucking. Thankfully the bucking is $5 from the pro shop and is easy to install.

#3 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

before you do go dump 5 bucks and shipping on a bucking, (its like 12 total or something) try cleaning your barrel and oiling the outside of your bolt. mine had cycling problems and thats how i fixed it.

#4 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Good point, might as well try the free things first just in case.

#5 dnl51077

dnl51077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for the help!!! will try it. Does the swelling go down and is there an aftermarket bucking so this wont happen again. I saw a vid on replacing the bucking and its looks tough. never good at taking apart stuff and replacing them. i do know of a pro shop thats somewhat close to send it to.

#6 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

As long as you have the tools like that stupid small .7 Allen wrench, then it's actually pretty simple. They do make aftermarket buckings that are supposedly better at resisting swelling like the Falcon.

#7 simo2k

simo2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hiya I got a falcon hop in mine and it started double feeding. I use propane and a little silicone oil aswell. I stripped it down and gave the hop a really good clean after I put it back together my double feed stopped. Maybe a little too much silicone on the hop rubber !!!

#8 TThreat

TThreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

i use propane with no silicone added. Zero issues like this

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

Good to know.  Please note: you will need to add some silicone eventially or risk drying out the mag's seals and internal gun parts.

#10 maelstrom1911

maelstrom1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

hi, i actually also had a problem with double feeding, and now that i have read the comments for this thread, i might be buying another hopup rubber. but before i do, is there a way t reverse the swelling process for the hopup?

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

You could try letting the bucking soak in warm soapy (detergent) water over night to see if it changes. But best bet is to get a completely new bucking.

#12 maelstrom1911

maelstrom1911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

well, i just happened to have saved 12 bucks and a fully functional hopup bucking. i simply cleaned the feeding lip, and i put A LOT less silicon oil into my propane, and now it doesnt double feed any more. yay!

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Awesome to hear.  It's nice when it's a simple fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users