6 replies to this topic

#1 CORRUPTA

CORRUPTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hello KWA community, I need your help.

I just got my g36c in the mail yesterday and took it out for some shooting. I had some problems with it dry firing without bbs coming out, both on full and semi auto. Winding the mag seemed to help, and it tuns out that I was not winding till it clicked, so that may have been the problem. Sadly, that is not the issue the brings me the this forum.

Today I went to use the gun with a new battery I had purchased, the previous being a 11.1v 20c LiPo (1200mAH) which is advised against, and it simply acts as though no battery is connected. I had fired it once earlier this morning with the original battery and it worked, and it's just been sitting there since without any rough handling. This evening I finished charging my new battery, a 7.4v 20c LiPo (1600mAH), and threw it in there to find the situation just described. Thinking it was the specific battery I then replaced the previous one I had been using - still nothing. There was no pop sound when I first put in the new battery, though I did struggle to get it in the hand guard. The fuse looks to be fine, though I'm no expert. I ensured that both batteries were well connected, and the new one charged till full before I tried it. The other was in the middle of charging when this happened, but there shoud still be some juice in it.

So there is my heartbreaking issue. If I recall from my reading I think I am supposed to send this in to be looked at, but I am in Canada and am not too sure if my waranty is valid. Certainly, I don't want to pay for the shipping and wait a month for it to be returned just one day after its long awaited arrival. Hopefully you guys can help.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Generally we advise going above a certain discharge rating just to make it easier when people ask what specifications they use. A few of the mods use higher than the advised discharge rate and they don't have any issues. Then again, they take very good care of their KWA's.

Now I'm a little confused on what you are having issues with?

Are you having solely issue with misfeeding? Or, are you having issues as well with the gearbox not responding at all to the battery? Or Both?

If you having misfeeds, me may want to clean your barrel and bucking and check what the quality of your BB's are and the magazine you are using. (Be sure to be using the KWA magazine that comes with the G36C.) Generally those are the first things that could possibly cause your misfeeds problem.

If you are having problems as well with the gearbox not responding at all. I would check the motor contacts first to make sure they are in contact. If they are not causing the problem, I recommend you replace the fuse.

Sometimes, a fuse looks like it's still good, but a section that you cannot see, may be burnt off.

So, check your motor contacts, and possibly replace the fuse, and see if that works.

#3 CORRUPTA

CORRUPTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the response. To clarify, my issue is the lack of reponse of any kind when pulling the trigger with a fully charged battery. I mentioned the feed issue in passing, but it's a moot point until the gun can shoot again.

I am very new to both airsoft and electronics in general so I have no idea how to check my motor contacts. I have cleaned the barrel thoroughly, but can't even figure out how to clean the hopup. Greener than green, but eager to learn and very eager to fix this myself if I can avoid sending it in. I've waited years to finally get my airsoft gun and it's heartbreaking to not be able to use it :(

Any info you can provide, or a video, would be beyond appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Give this thread a read: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=2611
This addresses the loos motor connectors with a KWA video.  Start here and let us know if you have any luck resolving the issue.

#5 philsaudio

philsaudio

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Playing Bass, Grandkids, camping

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Since it is pretty easy to check/replace/temporary jump the fuse I would start here first. If you do not have a meter and the fuse is not obviously/ visually  failed, you may want to jump over the fuse with a wire and if it fires the fuse is gone. There is another tamaya connector between the GB and fuse that can also be a problem as well as the trigger contacts.

You could unscrew the three screws on the plate at the bottom of the handle to see the motor connectors. If they are not loose, you can check to see if there is battery voltage across the two motor connectors when you pull the trigger. Trigger contacts could be the culprit too.

Good Luck.

#6 CORRUPTA

CORRUPTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

I have isolated the problem to the fuze adjacent to the battery. Won't know for sure until I replace it though. I took it out and turned it over. Looks brand new, but the motor trurns if I bypass it. Will post when I know more. Thanks for all the support!

#7 CORRUPTA

CORRUPTA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Resolved! The problem was with a faulty connector to the battery. Fixed it and she's firing beautifully. Thanks to all for the help. We'll now see if the misfire issue was due to not winding the mag all the way. Fingers crossed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users