• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Neurotrauma

Neurotrauma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hello, I recently purchased an m93r and had it's semi auto function break on the 2nd mag refil (Yes... that fast...) I'm pretty sure that when I took the mag out after the function started having issues and I think the slide was acting up as well when I first tested it, anyway when I went to switch mags to see if it was a mag issue or a gun issue, pretty sure I had a little qtr inch metal chunk fall out of the gun, I've got it in a little baggy, i'l try to post a picture of it in a little while, anybody have any idea what would cause this and what part I would have to replace?

I am aware there are other topics on fixing semi auto but Ive never seen anything about chunks of metal falling out of the gun... I am terrified and my canadian retailer is not responding to my emails regarding a return so i'm kind of freaking out right now. any help would be appreciated.

#2 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:19 AM

Did you lube your gun before shooting when you got it? Was the temperature over 90F, even over 100F?

I shot several mags in semi and 3-round burst after I received it, and the temperature was 75F. The recoil is very strong, stronger than my KWA USP MATCH obviously. Because of the consecutive strong strike, 3-round burst, especially the full auto, may be easy to cause to this issue! In fact, it seems that this so called full auto function is not mentioned in the Operation Manual!

How about the chunk you mentioned? Maybe It does not belong to the mag

#3 Neurotrauma

Neurotrauma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hope im crazy, here it is. Havent opened my gun yet, waiting to see if my retailer responds but its been 4 days now and I think they might be screwing me, gonna wait a bit more tho. its only about 7-8mm, pretty tiny piece, doesnt look the same shade as the area you noted.

No. didnt lube the gun because I wasnt intending on firing it more then 2 mags to make sure it worked, I plan on buffing the inside of the slide around the cylinder ( i keep hearing this is a major issue) and keeping that area quite lubed for regular usage

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   121.44K   18 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   100.46K   22 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   80.26K   13 downloads

Edited by Neurotrauma, 19 July 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#4 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Looks like the the tip of part #61 broke off............

#5 Neurotrauma

Neurotrauma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Just to clarify incase anyone has this issue, it is indeed part 61

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m9, m93r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users