15 replies to this topic

#1 Backcracker

Backcracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

I have a 1911 MkIV OD
On the last shot, the slide does not remain open. Is this common, or do I have something broken?

The gun is out of warranty and I would like a fully functioning gun again. ANy thoughts?

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

You should check and see if part 407 is worn down. If so...
http://store.kwausa....tchlever-1.aspx

Also, are you able to pull the slide back, and lock it back by manually pushing up the slide lock?

Edited by aaps59, 17 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Welcome to the forums back cracker. After checking what aaps said, if it is possible to manually lock the slide back, check to see if the bb follower in the magazine is damaged or deformed... This pieces knocks into the slide lock when the magazine is empty and pushes up to lock the slide back. If the bb follower has deformities, it may not be able to lock the slide back on the last shot.

Try taking a picture of the bb follower and we could tell if it is deformed or not. If it is, you need a new one. Here's the link:

http://store.kwausa....nefollower.aspx

#4 Backcracker

Backcracker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Tahnk you AAPS and Outlaw for responding si quickly!
Yes I can lock the slide back by manually pushing up the lever. In regards to the BB follower being worn, I have 3 mags and unless it is worn on all 3, then it may not the follower. On the other hand, i guess I need to compare to a mnew mag perhaps.

As far as part 407, It doesn't appear to may much wear, unless there is a piece broken off or something.

#5 SupaSteela17

SupaSteela17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Xbox, football

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

The same thing is with my 1911. I got a new mag and it still doesn't catch for me. I have the MK1 though. I think his might be something with the gun.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi supasteela17, can you see if you can manually lock the slide back by pulling the slide back and locking it with your finger? If the slide still doesn't catch, you are going to need a new slide catch lever assembly:

http://store.kwausa....catchlever.aspx

#7 SupaSteela17

SupaSteela17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Outlaw I can put the slide back manually and lock it by myself.

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostSupaSteela17, on 29 July 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Outlaw I can put the slide back manually and lock it by myself.
Alright. Check your bb follower in the mag. There may be a deformity in the piece where it pushes up on the slide lock to lock the slide back on the last shot. To see if your bb follower is damaged, could you try to upload a pic or two so I can see?

#9 SupaSteela17

SupaSteela17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

There's a video of it. I had the problem then got a second mag and the problem still happens. I do not believe it's the magazine.
The second mag is the original one.

Edited by SupaSteela17, 04 August 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Is the second magazine new or used? From the video, I can't tell whether the bb followers are damaged or not, but I would think that'd be the only culprit...

Edited by Outlaw1995, 04 August 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#11 ga mercs

ga mercs

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

mine hasnt worked since it came out the box

#12 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

gun looks very dry just sayin :/ as for the catch, the 1911 is famous for having low gas capacity in the small mag, and sometimes as it fire's the last few shots it just doesn't have enough umph to lock it back. make a video filling your mag with gas and bb's, shooting it, and after your out of bb's see how many more times you can shoot.

#13 brockway

brockway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Easy fix.  All my 4 of my mags did this when new.  Just put some silicone lube on the magazine spring paying special attention to the tab that pushes the slide catch up.  Work the mag spring up and down until the little tab stops catching.

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi brockway, welcome to the forums. That's weird that you say that. Don't you think that if you put silicon lubricant in the bb channel, the bbs will pick up lube/dirt/ grime and bring that to the hop up bucking, increasing the chance of a swelled hop up bucking? I don't think I would recommend doing that... Haha

If you do lubricate your bb channel in the magazine, I'd recommend cleaning it out again with a q tip to make sure everything is dry.

#15 Maginus

Maginus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

The problem is a part inside the magwell that the magazine pushed up on...it has broken off. Don't bother ordering a new one it will just break again. Wait and see if KWA decides to make that part out of steel instead of pot metal. My team mate has gone through 2 of these parts within 2 weeks of buying the gun brand new.

Infact while I am here...KWA please make this part out of steel and not pot metal...it keeps breaking and I am tired of my team mate complaining about it. Let me know when you make one out of steel.

Edited by Maginus, 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#16 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Maginus, welcome to the forums. I haven't seen any issues with my bb follower so far. Your follower may be breaking if you pull the follower all the way and lock it down at the base of the magazine, and letting it spring back upward with no bbs inside the bb channel. If you do that, it decreases the lifespan of the bb follower which causes it to break as you've noted. Otherwise, if you aren't doing that, I'm sorry to hear your problem with the follower. Getting a new one is the only way the 1911's slide will lock when the magazine is empty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users