• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vasilli

vasilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi , on my M9 only the right safety decocks the hammer , if i use the left one i have to press down the slide a bit for it to work . Any idea how to fix it ?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi vasilli, welcome to the forums. The safety is connected on both sides so it'd be weird for one side to work, and the other not to work as well... when you are putting the safety on, on the left side of the slide, are you accidentally moving the slide back with it? Because I do that sometimes and if you accidentally move the slide back just a little bit while activating your safety, the piece that hits the trigger transfer bar (the safety plunger spring "small") will not hit your trigger transfer bar the right way, therefore not decocking your hammer...

So, in nontechnical terms, try making sure your slide rest as forward and flush to the frame as possible when you are decocking and see if it makes a difference.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 14 July 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#3 vasilli

vasilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi .if i push the slide down it works with the left if not i dosent work but the right one works perfekt with no push the left still sets it on safe but no decocking
and now when i was looking inside a skrew was loose No 56 i will try to tighten it ans see what happens

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Perhaps your part 48 is damaged. Try tightening the hammer bar set screw and see what happens... Otherwise, could you check if part 48, the safety lever plunger small is deformed? That may be the reason why your hammer isn't always decocking.

#5 vasilli

vasilli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thanks , il try it when am back from my holyday in turky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users