• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Druxus

Druxus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have had my MP7 for a few years now and have been noticing that it has been loosing nice trigger pulls when shooting on semi.  It feals like there is some grinding of metal when pulling the trigger slow.  So I took it apart and noticed that part # 88 and part # 85 (which hold the hammer back) are visibly worn.  Does this sound right for worn trigger sears?  If so I looked on the parts area for the MP7 and did not see them for sale, is this a send it to the factory only repair?

Another thing that is getting anoying is the 4 tiny bolts part # 35 that are in the bolt assembly keep poping there heads off.  Is there a fix for this?

#2 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm having the same issue with one of my mp7's..semi auto shots the trigger pull is hard..and unpredictable when it will shoot.

Sent from my DROID2

#3 Kerberos

Kerberos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Acting, Aviation, Designing, Watches, Swords, Samurai, Armors, Military gear, and shooting guns at the ranges.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

I do apologize first for posting to an old topic, but yes you aren't the only one with that issue. My gun on full-auto will have the correct trigger pull (trigger seats first before firing). however on semi-auto the sears you have mentioned is worn to the point pulling the trigger will grind away before firing. Its not bothering me as much since I use it in full-auto but perhaps I do plan on getting the parts.

#4 Boss302

Boss302

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

I always wondered why the trigger sounded like that on semi.  I tought it might have been normal operation.

#5 Kerberos

Kerberos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Acting, Aviation, Designing, Watches, Swords, Samurai, Armors, Military gear, and shooting guns at the ranges.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostBoss302, on 10 September 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I always wondered why the trigger sounded like that on semi.  I tought it might have been normal operation.

I've compared the trigger on a brand new KWA/UMAREX MP7 but the Semi-auto trigger pull was the same as the full-auto trigger pull. So definitely it is worn down for ours. Not a deal breaker but still it can mean other things in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users