5 replies to this topic

#1 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm having occasional issues with my new gen ATP. When I fire the ATP it appears the slide is not fully racking back. After some use it functions okay, but it is still inconsisant and has failed me on the field when I try to use it in a pinch. I inspected the cylinder/return spring assembly by sliding it back and forth with my finger and it has a rough feel to it. I believe it should be nice and smooth, correct? I applied silicone oil lubricant but it hasn't helped very much. Do I need to replace the return springs or is it something else? I use high grade .30 or .36's in it. I lubricant and clean the gun after use. I do use propane with silicone oil (commence pee pee slapping).

Edited by Twombles, 09 July 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#2 Twombles

Twombles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

I found time to dissassemble the cylinder and breach. I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. I found that part #6 (jet nozzle?) that is loaded with a metal spring looks very loose and unstable in the cylinder. Is this normal? The return springs looked good and I didn't find anything else wrong. I applied some lubricant around the cylinder and it is  a lot smoother now when racking the slide back. I haven't done a shooting test yet to see if it fixed the issue.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

The jet nozzle will appear loose inside the cylinder so that is normal.  I would add a drop of silicone oil inside the cylinder through the gas inlet on the cylinder.  The gasket maybe a bit dry.

#4 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm having the same issue. I installed the HurricanE upgrade kit a while back and had absolutely no issues. Now my gun, when I rack it for the first shot, will fire one shot, blowback, but will not fire a second shot. I noticed that the cylinder was feeling a bit sluggish no mater I do (the cylinder return springs are basically brand new).

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postapacifico3, on 19 July 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I'm having the same issue. I installed the HurricanE upgrade kit a while back and had absolutely no issues. Now my gun, when I rack it for the first shot, will fire one shot, blowback, but will not fire a second shot. I noticed that the cylinder was feeling a bit sluggish no mater I do (the cylinder return springs are basically brand new).

Can you check if the end of the cylinder return spring is caught in between the block and the upper receiver?  Sometimes this can happen during installation if not careful.

#6 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

That's the first thing I looked for. :wacko: I'll mess with it after I get back home from the arena.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users