• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adamasatp

Adamasatp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hey guys first time here asking for info. I have owned many KWA Gbb pistols and love them. I had the first run of there ATP and have had nothing but trouble. It was field repaired by the KWA guys at Irene last year and if refused to work I sent it in and got it back and no go I finally sold it off as a junker. But as of last week my girl friend got me another one its the newest gen, looks and feels better made, but I am worried as to what I should watch out for since I am a Glock fan and this is a near to one I can get from KWA. I know people say swap out the recoil spring guide since the one was plastic this one has a metal one so is that still needed? What else should I do to make sure this one runs and is reliable? Thanks guys

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Your girlfriend gets you airsoft guns!? SWEET. LOL Welcome to the forums Adamasatp. The newest generation ATP has a metal recoil spring I believe so no need to replace that... The problems on the first batch have been addressed and I think you should be good to go! Just be sure to lubricate in all the right places and clean every now and then... have fun with your new gun.

#3 Adamasatp

Adamasatp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Nice could you me an idea on the proper areas to lube it up? I should have it right but I dont want to mess anything up. I love the feel of this gun just as much as the HK45 its just smaller and less ambi friendly lol.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Watch these two videos if you could:
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=3111
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=3157

Besides following the instructions in these vids, you can go into your manual as it may have a few suggestions as to where to lubricate. If you are running green gas, you don't need to lubricate overly, but if you are running propane, you are going to have to clean and lube your ATP much more frequently...

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostAdamasatp, on 08 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Nice could you me an idea on the proper areas to lube it up? I should have it right but I dont want to mess anything up. I love the feel of this gun just as much as the HK45 its just smaller and less ambi friendly lol.
Lube the following:
  • Slide rails and rails in frame
  • Hammer assembly and trigger reset bar
  • Recoil spring guide
  • Cylinder o-ring
  • Fill and release valve on the mag....nothing else on the mag
That's about it and remember, less is more.

#6 Adamasatp

Adamasatp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Copy that was what I was planning just wanted to make sure that was the up to date lube requirements lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users