#1 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:airsoft (duh)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

hello, i really need to know if there is any sure way to reduce the fps on the mk 4 1911. i'm paranoid that i'm going to end up getting one and have it shoot above my CQC field's limit for pistols (330 fps, btw). so if there is any way to reduce the fps if it shoots at 335 or higher when i get it, please feel free to tell me.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,561 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Postproverbialguy739, on 08 July 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

hello, i really need to know if there is any sure way to reduce the fps on the mk 4 1911. i'm paranoid that i'm going to end up getting one and have it shoot above my CQC field's limit for pistols (330 fps, btw). so if there is any way to reduce the fps if it shoots at 335 or higher when i get it, please feel free to tell me.
A DangerWerx flute valve should do the trick: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=8342

And yes is will fit in the MK series cylinders.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

I bought a jet valve made by super shooters trying to increase FPS in my ATP and it actually dropped it down to 310. LMAO

#4 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

View Postgcw360, on 08 July 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

A DangerWerx flute valve should do the trick: http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=8342

ok, thanks! i remember seeing that when i was thinking about getting the m9 but i didn't know it was compatible with the mark series.

#5 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

View Postgcw360, on 08 July 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

if i were to get the hk-45 instead, are there any ways to lower the fps on that? since it's a newer design i dont know if the valve is the same. if not i guess the 1911 or the m9 are my only choices.

#6 proverbialguy739

proverbialguy739

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

will the flute valve fit in the new hk 45? the valve in that looks similar if not the same compared to those in the mk. 4 and the m9, i will link their parts diagrams below.
m9
mk. 4
hk 45

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postproverbialguy739, on 27 July 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

will the flute valve fit in the new hk 45? the valve in that looks similar if not the same compared to those in the mk. 4 and the m9, i will link their parts diagrams below.
m9
mk. 4
hk 45

I'm sure the flute valve will fit proverbial, but flute valves found in the different guns are fine tuned to how much fps KWA wants each gun shooting, and probably is proportional to other components inside the gun such as barrel and gas nozzle. A gas gun with a longer barrel will probably have a slightly different flute valve (and other components) than a gas gun with a different length barrel. This of course, also factors in with the size of the nozzles and other parts found in gas guns... So getting back to your question, I'm sure it will fit, but it may not give you your desired fps based on the size difference between the two flute valves.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,561 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Yes, it will fit and will reduce the FPS significantly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users