10 replies to this topic

#1 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:airsofting, riding fixies, watches, music, cars, skating

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

i think that kwa should make some upgrade parts for the 1911 ptp series such as tritium night sights and extended magazines (50 rounds?)

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Ive heard the extended mag request before, but like I think I remember myself saying before, probably not happening. If you're interested in night sights, you could try this stuff.

http://www.lauerweap...category_id=912

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Upgrade parts include buying new grips, switching safeties from Mk 1/2 series to 3/4 or vice versa, painting or replacing sights, acquiring a metal outer barrel from the KWA pro shop, etc... At least those are the parts I'd consider. A 50 round mag seems nearly impossible because it has to be single stack. I'd see a 22-25 round single stack extended mag and that would be more of a possibility. But we don't know if it is happening though... :(

Edited by Outlaw1995, 05 July 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#4 theawesomeness7777

theawesomeness7777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:airsofting, riding fixies, watches, music, cars, skating

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 05 July 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Upgrade parts include buying new grips, switching safeties from Mk 1/2 series to 3/4 or vice versa, painting or replacing sights, acquiring a metal outer barrel from the KWA pro shop, etc... At least those are the parts I'd consider. A 50 round mag seems nearly impossible because it has to be single stack. I'd see a 22-25 round single stack extended mag and that would be more of a possibility. But we don't know if it is happening though... :(
thanks, i heard that the metal outer barrel causes some problems though

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

View Posttheawesomeness7777, on 09 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

thanks, i heard that the metal outer barrel causes some problems though
Nope. It does not.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 10 July 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Nope. It does not.
Ditto that!

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

I'm sure you guys have had much more experience with the barrels than I do, but somewhere I read that KWA advertises them with the condition that it may eventually cause damage to NS2 components and shorten the lifespan of the gun...?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,301 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 13 July 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

I'm sure you guys have had much more experience with the barrels than I do, but somewhere I read that KWA advertises them with the condition that it may eventually cause damage to NS2 components and shorten the lifespan of the gun...?
True, not sure if that has played out though in my expiriance.  I have blown thousands of rounds through my MKIV with no ill effects to date.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

I think I remember seeing that as well but I have shot over 1k rounds through it since the swap and no signs of unusual wear patterns. It's still running like a champ!

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

That's good to hear. I'm considering picking up a MK 2 soon and a metal barrel would definitely be a cool upgrade... is there any noticeable difference in recoil/ blowback action between having the lighter, plastic barrel versus the metal one?

#11 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I have not noticed any changes with the metal barrel. It operates as smooth as it did with polymer barrel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users