8 replies to this topic

#1 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hey guys, bunch of random questions here... i posted this in general because the topics kind of overlap on different guns... But are the threads on the usp tactical series the same as the new hk45 threads? Can the slide/ barrel handle a barrel extension? I know my atp can't, i guess cause it weighs it down? Can the usp compact handle a barrel extension? I was hoping to get something to look like this, after all, airsoft is all about looking cool : http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=32407

Edited by Bravo6, 02 July 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#2 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

I'm not 100% sure on the threads on the Hk45. The USP Tactical series actually incorporated threads on purpose while the ATP's threads was more or less an orange flashhider with threads added on. The HK45 may or may not be the same case as the ATP...

As for barrel extensions, barrel extensions do not work properly when they are too heavy because the barrel needs to angle upward to properly chamber the bb. Weighing it down on one end restricts the barrel from angling upward.

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I wouldn't put anything on the threads of the HK45.because its plasctic and only glued on orange tip

Sent from my DROID2

#4 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

so the usp series and mk23 for sure can hold one?

@Boobiem4h, I've seen your vids on youtube and saw you have an hk45... do you like it? worth getting? recoil? noise? etc?

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostBravo6, on 03 July 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

so the usp series and mk23 for sure can hold one?

@Boobiem4h, I've seen your vids on youtube and saw you have an hk45... do you like it? worth getting? recoil? noise? etc?
Absolutely love the HK45..no problems with it yet except for the cracked outer barrel..still fuctional tho.great recoil..quick and snappy..

Sent from my DROID2

#6 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

how is the rail on it? can you put anything on it? my atp, you can't fit anything on it... kinda pointless.

how did the barrel crack?

if you have'nt caught on, i love recoil... have you shot the atp? how does the recoil compare? have you shot the mk23? how does the recoil compare?

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostBravo6, on 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

how is the rail on it? can you put anything on it? my atp, you can't fit anything on it... kinda pointless.

how did the barrel crack?

if you have'nt caught on, i love recoil... have you shot the atp? how does the recoil compare? have you shot the mk23? how does the recoil compare?
Regarding the rails on the ATP, any light that would fit on a Glock should fit on the ATP.  The HK45 has rails that should accept most accessories.

Recoil - I have both the ATP and HK45, I feel that the HK45 is stronger here.

Lastly, the cracked outer barrel has been seen if some guns.  While there have been times when this has occurred with normal use, it has also been see when people attempt to remove the orange tip by securing the aft end of the OB in a vise....not a good practice obviously.  For those experiencing a cracked outer barrel though normal use and while under warranty, KWA will have replacements available shortly.

#8 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

I have not shot the MK23, but the HK45 has significantly more recoil that my MK4 or the ATP.
I have not had my outer barrel crack, but from what I've read some have an issue with a hairline crack along the top seam.  It apparently does not affect performance and KWA will remedy it if you have an issue.
As for the rail, it is longer than the ATP so if should be more accommodating to accessories than the ATP (not saying the ATP is not accommodating since I don't have one).
Lastly, I think the new hop up improves performance slightly over the standard NS2 hop up.  I think it is very slightly more accurate and improves range slightly as well.  This is in comparison to my MK4, which I think is a very good performer.

Ninja'd by GCW.

Edited by bid2630, 04 July 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#9 Bravo6

Bravo6

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

this is a stupid question, but would i be able to swap out the outer barrels on the hk45 to one with threads?

btw, thanks guys for the help, i always appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usp, hk45, threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users