23 replies to this topic

#1 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

ive shot over 5000 rounds and the gun is still overhopping with hop turned off and .25 bbs any ideas how i can fix this. I have heard of people sanding down their hop up but that seems like it would make it very inconsistent since both nubs would have to be evenly sanded. It almost shoots straight when its mid low 70s but high 90s really curves the bbs up. i plan on getting .30s but i think it would still overhop with .30s. I know my mp7 usually doesnt even need the hop up changed between .25 and .30s

#2 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Weird.  I just started noticing this happen to my LM4.  I find that the hop-up is very unresponsive, and I think that it may be stuck or something to that effect.  With the hop-up turned 100% down, and using .28g's, it curves up immediately.  It's manageable, but when I tried out .23g or .25g they are arcing up sharply at about 50 feet.  I would take my hop-up assembly apart but I can't get it out because I can't get the delta ring off. I think it's something that needs to be addressed.

#3 Epitaph

Epitaph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Interesting... I have not fired that many rounds through my LM4, under 500 I assume. I use .30's and have had nothing but excellent results. My hop is set 2 or 3 clicks from the off position and I am getting really good range and a straight flight path. I almost don't want to post this for fear the gremlins will hear and invade my hopup.

Try some .30's to see if those help. Make sure the bucking is cleaned and clear from any lube and/or debris.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey guys... first thing you should try to do is clean your barrel and hop up. These may cause these inconsistencies. Next, if you are shooting in 90 degree weather, your fps and performance is going to go way up, meaning you may be using too light of a bb. In really hot weather, use .3s or even higher for some superior accuracy. I'm sure this hop up is engineered to do this to lower weighted bbs, and would require a bb of at least .25 grams or heavier to be usable for decent to superior accuracy.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

the new style hop up unit uses a small thin metal tab that pushes down on the hop up bucking. ive noticed on a few LM4's ive been working on that the hop up all had different results when set to hop up "off" and using .30. the metal tab might be bent too much causing excessive hop. if you can take it apart and bend the metal tab just a little so it isnt so aggresive this might help it.

#6 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

could i bend the metal tab by pushing on the hop up while still in the barrel. i saw above the hop up the metal tab and figured that i might be able to bend it in a little.

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

you can try this too..actually someone did this and it worked out ok..just be really careful not to tear the hop up bucking..it is paper thin compared to other buckings.

#8 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

thats what i figured thanks boobie ill give it a try and post results

#9 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Postjakattack1987, on 29 June 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

thats what i figured thanks boobie ill give it a try and post results

no worries..hope it works out.

#10 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

so i used a phillips screw driver and very gently pushed up on the hop up. I think it worked, the gun is now shooting about  an inch in a half lower than before at 30 ft. i will post more when i try this at longer ranges since that will tell me for sure if it did anything.

#11 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

sigh, Mine can't overhop 0.28 either max or off.

#12 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

well that didnt work guess i pushed it in to far, i think the bbs are being pushed past the hop up cause the bbs are moving slower than usual and even with hop up at max cant shoot 30 yards.am i going to have to take the hop up apart and bend the tab back out. i did notice there seemed to be very little difference between max hop and no hop so maybe it jammed up i didnt have my hop up tool with me so i couldnt turn it back and forth to see if it was moving

#13 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yup..gonna have to get into to the hop up unit. Should have done a little at a time.

Sent from my DROID2

#14 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

i didnt push very hard at all gave a firm press on the hop up. now im not so sure its the hop up just checked my bolt o ring and it has a chunk missing. I just changed the o ring and have only shot a couple hundred shots or so. i put on the one i think you recommended from harbor frieght. the oring wasnt even that tight when i put it in had a little bit of compression but not great, and there was no grab at all i lubed it with white lithium grease so i dont see whats going on. I will have to break it apart and see if there is a bur or something causing this i strongly suspect its getting cut when the bolt comes fully out of the bolt carrier the edge might be sharp

#15 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

View Postjakattack1987, on 01 July 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

i didnt push very hard at all gave a firm press on the hop up. now im not so sure its the hop up just checked my bolt o ring and it has a chunk missing. I just changed the o ring and have only shot a couple hundred shots or so. i put on the one i think you recommended from harbor frieght. the oring wasnt even that tight when i put it in had a little bit of compression but not great, and there was no grab at all i lubed it with white lithium grease so i dont see whats going on. I will have to break it apart and see if there is a bur or something causing this i strongly suspect its getting cut when the bolt comes fully out of the bolt carrier the edge might be sharp

White lithium grease???? Oh no!..never use that stuff in a gbbr..that's only for mechboxes..not sure if it is causing the oring failure but I don't think that grease will stand up to the temp and pressure of gas..someone please correct me if I'm wrong..use only silicone oil on the orings..the grease might be swelling the oring too and that might be taking out those chunks

Sent from my DROID2

#16 MultipleParadox

MultipleParadox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

Having over hopping issue as well
Using .28, hopup at min or max, BBs were arcing up a bit at maybe 75ft or so, to drop before the 130 ft mark approximately

And that other issue, my hopup seems to be of no uses, on top of having tow broken teeth :@

#17 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

hmm. Looks like this GBBR system's Hopup is still a problem.
I'm kinda surprise I'm the only here with ineffective hop. (It can't go 0.28g, 0.25g might be able to do it. 0.2g is fine)

#18 Raptor72

Raptor72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Sorry to hear that dude.  I have done the rocket valve mod and I gotta tell ya.  .28 are shooting awesome, range is impressive and accuracy actually went up after increasing the fps.  I am so impressed I just ordered .30 to try.

#19 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

ive used white lithium grease on all my gbb it has always worked flawlessly and i didnt put white lithium grease on it the first time, its a very thin grease but thicker than most silicone oils so it stays in the cylinder better

#20 Rockhound117

Rockhound117

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, and airsoft!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

I can't remember if white lithium grease damages rubber, but I figure there's a reason they use a separate silicon based grease for cylinders in a mechbox. Related to the topic, my LM4 was very unresponsive to hop. After opening up the hop. it got better. I hope the rocket valve mod helps. Have to wait until tomorrow to see, otherwise I'll be tying out Boobie's hop up mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users