• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

I just purchased an M93R as a sidearm for an upcoming lionsclaws event and I'm curious about modifying it.  Please understand that I realize that any modifications will void my warranty.

1) Not really a mod but is there a standard M9 magazine that will work in this model?  I ask because it would be nice to have a mag that does not stick out of the gun so far in certain situations.

2)  Can you remove the extra, ported section of the outer barrel without affecting the function of the GBB?  Or better yet, is there a replacement barrel I could purchase that is "normal" length?

As you can see I'm trying to reshape the M93R to more of a "normal" size but with the capability of returning to the full size model when needed.

Thanks!

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your purchase. Normal M9 Ns2 mags will work with the raffica, and vice versa. Im not positive that the normal M9 PTP is able to be fitted to the M93, so I can't recommend that heh

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hi Spike, welcome to the forums. All M9/93R (ii) guns are compatible with their M9/M93r NS2 magazines. Which means, you can use the standard 24 round, 32 round and 48 round NS2 magazines in any NS2 M9/M93r platform. All NS2 magazines are compatible with their NS2 gun counterparts.

You can remove the outer barrel, but I don't believe one that is found on the M9 series will work because of the way the barrel is made. So, if you want to hack saw the ported part of the barrel off, or keep it, those are going to be your only two options. If you want, you could buy another ported barrel from the pro shop, then hack saw one of them off, and install whichever barrel you choose, but I suggest you don't do that, because you risk breaking a number of parts during assembly.

And yes, the standard 24 round magazine can fit in the 93R. Enjoy!

#4 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the responses!  Looks like I'll be ordering myself a standard mag, any suggests on where from?

I may attempt to hack off part of the extended barrel to make it shorter but not all the way to avoid doing any damage to the rest of the gun.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

I suggest you keep that modification until after your 45 day warranty is over. There's no telling what may occur, so be sure to keep your orange tip intact and use green gas until after your 45 days of ownership, that way if you experience any problem, you can redeem your warranty.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

http://store.kwausa....inem9heavy.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users