• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Just ordered KWA M93r Limited Edition and also noticed the M93r typical problem posted in website, semi/3burst/full auto breakdown, although I have not received it. After browsed the relevant posts, I guess maybe two reasons  cause this probelm:

1, ordinary wear out: it's nomal just like any mechanical equipment has. In this case, lubrication must be necessary and helpful.  If relevant parts have ample hardness and strength,  such as using steel and  quenching process, wearing process should be improved effectively. But this M93r is a toy after all, so it's impossible. Normally, adequate lubrication should be good enough.

2, accidental damage: when setting to full auto(or 3burst) mode, if the selector is not FULLY in place, that cause  the relative inner parts have not TOTALLY be engaged each other. So when shooting, strong and continuous force will damage the relevant part(s) and cause the function failure. I guess this reason maybe accounts for a large portion of accidentical damage.

If so, two methods should be helpful to prevent M93r typical firing breakdown:
1, cleaning  and lubricating  timely
2, make sure the selector is totally in place, especailly the full auto mode

That's my personal idea about it!

PS:
3, because of part manufacturing (such as machining, precision casting and punching)tolerance, interference fit or burr between relevant parts will also cause the weakest part broken.

If so, when receiving a brand new gun, do not fire it eagerly in 3burst and full auto with no amply lubricating . Because all relevant parts are at the begining of meshing and wearing(even interference fit a bit), firing or over-firing in 3burst or full auto will cause this kind of problem directly.  

Is it true?

Edited by Billy1788, 29 June 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostBilly1788, on 28 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Just ordered KWA M93r Limited Edition and also noticed the M93r typical problem posted in website, semi/3burst/full auto breakdown, although I have not received it. After browsed the relevant posts, I guess maybe two reasons  cause this probelm:

1, ordinary wear out: it's nomal just like any mechanical equipment has. In this case, lubrication must be necessary and helpful.  If relevant parts have ample hardness and strength,  such as using steel and  quenching process, wearing process should be improved effectively. But this M93r is a toy after all, so it's impossible. Normally, adequate lubrication should be good enough.

2, accidental damage: when setting to full auto(or 3burst) mode, if the selector is not FULLY in place, that cause  the relative inner parts have not TOTALLY be engaged each other. So when shooting, strong and continuous force will damage the relevant part(s) and cause the function failure. I guess this reason maybe accounts for a large portion of accidentical damage.

If so, two methods should be helpful to prevent M93r typical firing breakdown:
1, cleaning  and lubricating  timely
2, make sure the selector is totally in place, especailly the full auto mode

That's my personal idea about it!

PS:
3, because of part manufacturing (such as machining, precision casting and punching)tolerance, interference fit or burr between relevant parts will also cause the weakest part broken.

If so, when receiving a brand new gun, do not fire it eagerly in 3burst and full auto with no amply lubricating . Because all relevant parts are at the begining of meshing and wearing(even interference fit a bit), firing or over-firing in 3burst or full auto will cause this kind of problem directly.  

Is it true?
The M93RII, like the real firearm, is not designed to fire full-auto.  I believe that those who force it to do so by playing with the fire selector switch may find that it causes issues.

#3 Billy1788

Billy1788

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

I do agree with the moderator!

Real M93r has no this so called full-auto function, it should have correlative mechanism to prevent full auto. In fact, Kwa M93r "full auto" function is based on the blank of design, it must not be the purpose of design. And most of this breakdown must be caused of full-auto. So, refraining form full-auto would be the best way to prevent this issue.

Edited by Billy1788, 30 June 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#4 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Since KWA seems to be ignoring this particular problem I'll take up their slack for free.......If you are having this problem click on my user name and E-mail me. I'll be more than happy to talk you through fixing this problem yourself....... I'm testing some other options too.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostStandard4130, on 04 July 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Since KWA seems to be ignoring this particular problem I'll take up their slack for free.......If you are having this problem click on my user name and E-mail me. I'll be more than happy to talk you through fixing this problem yourself....... I'm testing some other options too.
Why not share the answer here for all of us to see?

#6 Neurotrauma

Neurotrauma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

I got my m93r on monday, I took it out, fired one full mag half semi, half 3rd burst, filled up the next mag, fired half 3rd burst half full auto, went to go fill up the first mag, tried again on semi.... and it was broken.

you might be right about never trying full auto... as one time was enough to ruin my gun in the first 2 hours...

really pissed here, bought it cause I knew KWA was known for reliability and it didnt even last one day.

#7 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostNeurotrauma, on 18 July 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I got my m93r on monday, I took it out, fired one full mag half semi, half 3rd burst, filled up the next mag, fired half 3rd burst half full auto, went to go fill up the first mag, tried again on semi.... and it was broken.

you might be right about never trying full auto... as one time was enough to ruin my gun in the first 2 hours...

really pissed here, bought it cause I knew KWA was known for reliability and it didnt even last one day.

Hey Neurotrauma, Did you ever get the patch to work? Mine ran its "waranty" out sitting under a Christmas tree.....Only to be broke within the first few days.

#8 Neurotrauma

Neurotrauma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

I havent tried the patch yet, waiting for a response on the current warranty I have, they responded today saying they would send me an email about it soon and that my warranty is extended because I just talked to them, I'm gonna send it back with hopes that they just give me a new one, although with my luck it will have the same problem, ive heard from some people that have had theirs for like over a year and didnt have any issues till later on or not at all so I think I got a lemon.

#9 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

I read that too, And I agree with the lemon statement....... I'd like to see what parts they replace in yours if you send it in. There are several in a chain that make things work right. Mine has a fairly sloppy fit with the slide on the rails along with very minor wear on the preceding parts in the chain. If they only replace your trigger bar then I see this happening again and soon........................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users