13 replies to this topic

#1 Fox

Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Roughneck Airsoft Detachment

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

My Hammer Axle Broke on my mp9, so I bought a new one on the kwa shop. But cant find any instructions on getting down to the hammer. It looks like I have to get the enitre inside assemebly out just to get to where the hammer is. any links to how-to?

edit: so I maneged to get some more  parts off but now am stuck again on getting part#56 (two side pins) out or in? If I get these pins then I will be able to get part#66 (metal box) out and put in my new hammer. any insight?

Edited by Fox, 29 June 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#2 Claymore66

Claymore66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, working on guns, tinkering, Fly Fishing

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hey

Looks like I have the same problem. I hope that someone has some insight on getting to this hammer extraction. Looking from the top of the gun barrel pointing forward the right side of the hammer axles is sheared off. I'll start looking around the forum to see if there is a breakdown to get at this hammer. Any help would be great. Now I just have to order a replacement hopefully they are in stock. Very happy with this gun's preformance other than this hammer issue.

#3 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm guessing that this vid may help. I didn't watch it, but it should be a vid on dissembling and reassembling he KWA mp9.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Unfortunately, it doesn't deal with the hammer.

#5 Fox

Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Ya the hammer is much deeper then a regular breakdown, I saw doby pictures from when he took his apart and he had that metal box out of the gun but there where no instructions or clear pictures of how he did it.  I have my new hammer here and my gun apart on my desk just begging to be put back together :(
Its just those two side pin #56 am trying to figure out, I see what appears to be two small L wrench holes by those pins but I have nothing that small. And I cant seem to punch the pins out. I pmed doby but seems he has not long on in a while.
So close but yet so far away haha.

#6 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Fox, you are local here to Socal.  Have you consider bringing the KMP9 in for service?  We can take care of your issue.

#7 Fox

Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Ya I see your guys are located  18571 Gale Avenue, Industry, CA I get off of work at 4:00 in Banning. Googled the time it would take 1hr 6mins mins if I hit any traffic I would be out luck there. I have weekend off but you guys are closed. I wish I could drive down there with 30 mins more wiggle room.

Hmm now that I look at it with the cost in gas for two trips back and forth might as well UPS it or something.
If you guys can service it, is there any reason you cant give directions on how to do it? if you cant I don't mind I just appreciate the response. Thanks,
Anthony

Edited by Fox, 19 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#8 dobey

dobey

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

I didn't mess with the pins, I just carefully slide two flat tip screw drivers between the plastic body and the metal housing and puled it out.

#9 la999

la999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

http://www.arniesair...p9-disassembly/

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Incase you don't have an arniesairsoft account:
Hammer Mechanism.

To get the hammer mechanism out you will first need to remove the trigger bar which is held in place by the rear body pin which is retained by a C clip.
Pull out the C clip and then tap the pin through.
Posted Image

Remove the trigger spring.
Posted Image

Remove the trigger bar retaining block.
Posted Image

Squeeze the trigger and trigger bar together and lift the trigger and trigger bar up and out.
Posted Image

Next comes the hammer mechanism itself.

You need to remove the two forward push pins, one of which is indicated in the pictures below.
They are retained by two of KSC's lovely 0.89mm allen grub screws.

Remove them and then pull out the pins, they are a tight fit so be patient and don't smash up the gun.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Once they are out the Hammer assembly will come right out. It is another tight fit, be patient.

Look for these screws, they remove the recoil buffer.
Posted Image

Then you undo these two (one on each side) that hold the mechanism together.
Posted Image

Once they are out you can gently prise the mechanism open and remove the hammer and valve knocker assemblies.
Posted Image

Hammer assembly is just three parts, easy.
Posted Image

The valve knocker assembly is a little more complex, 7 components (one of which is a sub-assembly with 4 components that you shouldn't need to dismantle unless a part of it is broken) all built around a single push-pin.
Make sure you know how the parts fit together before you split them up by tapping the pin out.
Posted Image

Exploded shot of valve knocker assembly.
Posted Image

Last you remove the sear, to do so you remove the sear spring.
Posted Image

Then the tiny C clip - be careful not to loose it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 2good2betrue77

2good2betrue77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Wow, wish I saw that before I sent it in! Thanks for the post outlaw, I'll keep that in mind in case my KMP9 breaks down again.

#12 Claymore66

Claymore66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wow thanks for posting the process to get at the Hammer. I'm not sure why on my computer the first seven images will not download ?
But the discription as to what needs to be done is there.

Thanks again, as sending it to KWA tech's is out as an option, it would be coming back from Canada.

I Can't tell you how much I have missed this gun in my arsenal. This gun as a Primary or as a Secondary for a snipers backup, it is the best.

I can't wait for the video!

#13 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Post2good2betrue77, on 06 August 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Wow, wish I saw that before I sent it in! Thanks for the post outlaw, I'll keep that in mind in case my KMP9 breaks down again.

View PostClaymore66, on 12 August 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Wow thanks for posting the process to get at the Hammer. I'm not sure why on my computer the first seven images will not download ?
But the discription as to what needs to be done is there.

Thanks again, as sending it to KWA tech's is out as an option, it would be coming back from Canada.

I Can't tell you how much I have missed this gun in my arsenal. This gun as a Primary or as a Secondary for a snipers backup, it is the best.

I can't wait for the video!
No problem guys. :) Credit goes to la999 though, his link is exactly what I copy/pasted. haha

#14 Claymore66

Claymore66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Just checking back on this Hammer business. I got it all fixed works great.

One question; What size is the Hex Key that is used to remove the setscrews that holds the front two pin that keep the trigger assemple in?
I tried a 1.27mm, to big and a 0.9mm is to small. I could not find a size in between any where. I looked online and locally etc... I couldn't even find a listing of a hex key that is even made by any hex key Manufactures.
I saw on the internet other people into RC cars and helicoptors looking for 1mm or something smaller than 1.27mm as well.

So what is the size of the hex key. I filled down a 1.27mm hex key to fix my gun. Posting a size would be helpfull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users