3 replies to this topic

#1 aaronjarhead

aaronjarhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hey guys!

Not too long ago, a friend of mine gave me his beat up m18c for a gift. The major problems with it was it was missing a few parts and the valve was broken. Missing on it was the rear sight and everything from the firing selector (due to the screw under the rear sight loosening.) Since then I have obtained a brand new m17 slide, valve, and a m17 gas chamber block assembly. I was told that it should be as easy as slapping the new slide on...wrong.

I then realized that the hammer assembly is way different between the two and decided to just order the parts i needed. I replaced and installed the m17 hammer, hammer spring, sear, and sear spring so i was hoping thats all i needed to do.

I dont know if i reassembled it incorrectly but now when i depress the trigger, the hammer releases and when i pull it back to reset it (while still holding the trigger) the sear doesnt engage and the hammer never locks until you release the trigger (sort of like FA but not entirely)

Im fairly certain that my wording is confusing so if someone would care to take the time to help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you KWA.

#2 that guy with the m4

that guy with the m4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

that's sounds fun changing from a 18 to 17 but all you need to do is if you look at part 92 you will see a little nub file that down just a LITTLE BIT if you remove to much you gun will not shoot right now that nub of your is too long this happen to me with my m19 I do not know why this happens so if somebody knows why please tell me

#3 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Why not just fix the m18c? It would be much easier than changing it to a m17. You can find videos on YouTube showing assembly/disassembly.

#4 that guy with the m4

that guy with the m4

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

ya but their is something about that sounds like fun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M18C, M17, Converting, Hammer sear issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users