• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bardish

bardish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Grip safety has not been disengaging if the slide is racked back and I suspected that the leaf spring had fallen out of position some how. Disassembled the lower assembly but I need assistance with the correct placement of the leaf spring. I don't know what the position of the three main prongs should look like in relation to the hammer and safety.

Can someone post a picture of the correct position?

#2 2good2betrue77

2good2betrue77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I know this may be a necro post, but this could potentially help anyone else in the future.

I have a picture right here for you. The left spring should be on top pushing up, the second from the left should be under the square block of the middle bar, and the 3rd from the left spring should also be on top pushing up. I know the terms are off and probably wrong so here is the picture. I also know I am missing the firing pin on the top haha

Posted Image

Edited by 2good2betrue77, 01 September 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:43 AM

Since we've awakened this thread note the leaf spring cannot "fall out" of position during operation.  The mainspring housing must be removed for this to happen.

There's an extra leaf in the spring vs. a real M1911 leaf spring.  Left leg is the trigger return and you can vary the trigger weight a little with it.  The right leg controls the pressure needed to disengage the grip safety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users