• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Syntho

Syntho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I recently bought the KWA CQR MOD 2 off of ASGI. I also bought a tenergy 9.6 1600 Mini battery. I also already have 2 Intellect 9.6 1600 Mini Batteries. I really can't figure out how to fit any of them in the handguard correctly. Is it even possible? And if it's not can somebody list some recommendations on workarounds? My model doesn't have a RIS system by the way and it's the short version. Thanks in advance.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostSyntho, on 22 June 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

I recently bought the KWA CQR MOD 2 off of ASGI. I also bought a tenergy 9.6 1600 Mini battery. I also already have 2 Intellect 9.6 1600 Mini Batteries. I really can't figure out how to fit any of them in the handguard correctly. Is it even possible? And if it's not can somebody list some recommendations on workarounds? My model doesn't have a RIS system by the way and it's the short version. Thanks in advance.
Hi Syntho...welcome to the Forums.  See here: http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=4156

This should get you started.  Also, if you can post pictures of the batteries you have, we can answer directly.

#3 Syntho

Syntho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Thanks and yeah i watched the video, they don't go over the battery I have though.

http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=3920
That is the battery I have
Posted Image

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

I could be mistaken but I do not think think that will fit.

#5 Syntho

Syntho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yeah trust me I've been trying. Any suggestions? I can feed the wire through the hole in the handguard and then just tape it on the side but that'll get uncomfortable and maybe even to hot to hold.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,309 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostSyntho, on 23 June 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Yeah trust me I've been trying. Any suggestions? I can feed the wire through the hole in the handguard and then just tape it on the side but that'll get uncomfortable and maybe even to hot to hold.
Dude, I would buy a new battery.  See here: http://www.hobbyking...Warehouse_.html

This battery is under $9.00.  Buy two, ship via USPS and it should cost under $25.00.  I have this battery in my field gun and it's great for the money.  In fact, it's great for any money!

#7 Syntho

Syntho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah I'll see. I'm going tomorrow so, kinda can't do that. Thanks though. I'll figure out something.

#8 karl_azytzeen

karl_azytzeen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

I belive to go with lipo is the best option but you can also try this too:
http://kwausa.com/fo...indpost&p=77514

#9 Syntho

Syntho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Alright guys i figured it out, I just had to fold the wires in a certain way and it fit. Tightly but it fit well. The CQR performed like a beast though! Thanks KWA! So for all the people in the future that may have this issue, be sure to tuck ALL the wires into the top handguard and put the battery in the center of the barrel. IT might get tricky but I'm sure you'll get it. Thank you to everyone who helped me!

#10 Roy Chan

Roy Chan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

im a bit late by a year lol , well 2 in a week it`ll be 2014 , but here is a clear list of
ways
1. lipo batteries 7.4= regular 9.6
They`re small and will fit. Dont worry kwa is lipo ready and it will not be damaged by it , it wont even void warranty because its meant for it
2. New handguard , a magpul moe or a new regular handguard that doesn't have the tabs on the side of the lower handguard.
3 dremal the sides of the handguard the 2 tabs that block your battery space

#11 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

The 8.4v NiMH battery fits perfectly under my KM4-CQB handguards.  950rpm cyclic rate (pretty realistic).  Never tried the 9.6v as the retailer noted it would be difficult to fit.  And I have a Burst Wizard KK under there as well.  These batteries are spares for my LiPOs and get recharged from time to time despite almost no current use.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users