3 replies to this topic

#1 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi, Ive had a Tokarev which I purchased not more then a few weeks ago, and I noticed that the slide will often fail to lock back after Ive run out of BBs. This has happened with brand new magazines which were just taken out of the packaging so I dont think it has to do with any damage which has occurred.

If I take the slide off I can see that on occasion the slide catch lever is simply not pushed up by the magazine in order for it to catch. This occurs fairly regularly after emptying a magazine. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Is it only happening occasionally? I can see it happening on low gas in the magazine, as this happens in most models. Have you checked the slide where the lever moves up, to see if maybe it is rounded out on the bottom? Or check the lever itself for any damage.

#3 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ive checked and theres no damage that I can see, nor any rounding or wearing. it seems tthat when it happens, it actually is not possible to click the catch lever up into position to stop the slide, as if something is blocking it.

#4 Brigg

Brigg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Now that ive had more time to delve into this, I have discovered the problem.

The slide catch, rather then being pushed up by the follower tab, is simply being pushed out to the side instead. There is no apparent wear on the parts other then a bit of the finish rubbed off. It would seem that the slide catch tab that interfaces with the follower is simply not long enough.

Im going to try ordering a new slide catch lever and see if that solves the problem. I could have just gotten a lemon, I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users