• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tpman

tpman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

I am looking to buy a kwa m93r off my friend and he does not know if its the first one without the ns2 system or the one with it. Is there any way to tell the difference and what are the differences?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

I believe if you take the slide off and slide the gas nozzle forward, if the rubber seal is green it's NS2. If the rubber seal is orange, then it's NS1.

The difference between NS1 and NS2 is that NS2 gives you much better gas efficiency, as you do not waste as much gas as you would with a normal other GBB. Also, there is usually an FPS boost given the better seals in the NS2 system that create a tighter seal that allows the gas to travel from the magazine to the nozzle and from the nozzle to the bb better, than an average GBB or NS1 system gun.

#3 tpman

tpman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks you for the help. I will look at the seal when i go to buy it.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

If you can get a picture of it, post it here, that will also help us determine which generation it is.

#5 tpman

tpman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

My friend already sold it so i cant get a pic but it was the 2nd gen with the green seal.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

That would be the NS2 model.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Actually, the easiest way to tell NS1 from NS2 is to look at the nozzle at the end of the cylinder.  If it is silver then it is NS1.  If it is black polymer then it is NS2.  NS2 systems have used various sized cylinders over the years and therefore various sized, and different colored, o-rings.  When you see a green o-ring it is a 15MM cylinder.  When you see an orange one it is 14MM.  An example of the changes that have occurred in one gun would apply the to MP9.  It has had both cylinders and therefore both the orange and green o-ring.  Most recently it has come with the orange o-ring.  This is an improvement because the 14MM cylinder is actually thicker and therefore more durable...at least in the MP9.  To cloud the issue, the first generation ATP (NS2) actually has a black 0-ring....that's another story though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users