• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hondo

Hondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

I have been looking at getting the new fiber lower reciver KWA CQR m4 and I noticed they come with a really cool looking midcap , I just wondered if thier was a plan on selling them as a stand alone item down the road ? If they need to be tested before they are released I would be glad to field test them , they look great and I think its a great option for a midcap and maybe later a carbon fiber high cap would be great and knowing its 100% KWA compatible would be super.

#2 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

They should be available as soon as the CQR's are.  Also, KWA plans on selling them in packs of six.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostHondo, on 17 June 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

I have been looking at getting the new fiber lower reciver KWA CQR m4 and I noticed they come with a really cool looking midcap , I just wondered if thier was a plan on selling them as a stand alone item down the road ? If they need to be tested before they are released I would be glad to field test them , they look great and I think its a great option for a midcap and maybe later a carbon fiber high cap would be great and knowing its 100% KWA compatible would be super.
The KWA polymer mags are now available in boxes of 6 mags for, 59.95....an awesome price!  I used them at Lions Claw XI and they worked flawlessly...really!

See here: http://kwacentral.co...dcaps-released/

#4 Hondo

Hondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

That is outstanding to hear I think that is great news and just a great idea for KWA to not only sell them but to have a 6 pack at that price is great the only thing I could see that would be better is offering other colors . Thankyou guys for some great news .

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostHondo, on 18 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

That is outstanding to hear I think that is great news and just a great idea for KWA to not only sell them but to have a 6 pack at that price is great the only thing I could see that would be better is offering other colors . Thankyou guys for some great news .
FYI, other colors are planned.

#6 Hondo

Hondo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Rgr that , I just noticed thier now for sale at airsoftsmith in Ohio and they have a note that colors are coming soon I should have read up before posting about the colors I would known they were in the works. I am ordering 2 boxes of the black now from airsoft atlanta and cant wait to replace my mag brand midcaps , they have been reliable but the KWA ones look so much better and the price is great . I hope to move away from high caps all togther soon get to the point I can be reliable with just midcaps .I appreciate the help again gcw360 .

Edited by Hondo, 20 June 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#7 randomhero

randomhero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

I have the 6 pack preordered! I can't wait to try them out!

#8 Crow

Crow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

I assume the different color sleeves are available as sleeves only? If that is the case I'll just buy 18 mags now and get the sleeves later.
Please advise.
Thanks
Crow

#9 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

We will be making different color sleeves.  We just haven't decided on the color code.

#10 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

Ahh, different color magazines!  :)  The Barbie for Boys syndrome with the AR15 has been fully duplicated in airsoft.

Brownells Alumhyde spray paint does a wonderful job.  Read the instructions!  If you wait more than 15 minutes or so but less than a day and then apply a second coat the paint looks horrible.  Either repaint immediately or wait a day or two for the paint to cure.  

Alumahyde Coyote is an exact match for Magpul FDE.  Yep, I Barbied one a M16A1 pistol grip for one of my LWRC 5.56mm carbine pistol grips to match the Magpul FDE handguard.  I really dislike the finger thingie on the M16A2.

Alumahyde is very rugged.  I picked up some little steel BAM (brand) 7" tall silhouette targets for a little more realism than beer cans and painted the faces with Alumahyde.  One coat.  Several hundred BBs haven't marred the surface.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 09 December 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#11 blesak

blesak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

thanks for all the information guys

#12 boxman92

boxman92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

i just recently got my 6 pack of poly mid caps in the mail and for some reason they do not work at all with my 2gx km4a1. The mags will not feed unless the gun is upside down or i press the magazine into the magwell while firing.  Any ideas what may be wrong?

#13 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

All six (6) of my KWA120 magazines work perfectly in my KM4-CQB.  Since none of yours work I suspect the gun, not the magazines.

Is your magazine catch loose or worn out?  Since the mags feed when pressing them into the gun the mag catch is the first suspect.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users