• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pwnconditioning

pwnconditioning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I've noticed some small problems that my M9 PTP has. I think its the same with all of them, too. When the hammer is cocked and you slowly pull the trigger, you can hear a small "click". This happens because the trigger spring is too strong, which then pushes the trigger transfer bar too much into the hammer ramp. When you apply pressure to the trigger, it releases the trigger transfer bar and the bar then sets into its correct position. This doesn't affect the gun's performance, but drives me nuts.
(I'm pretty sure you didn't understand that because it's hard to explain with words)
If you have to gun, try it. Just cock the hammer and slowly and listen. If you have the same problem, tell me.
Also, my right safety switch is loose, and the screw is in all the way.

*Note that I'm an aesthetic Nazi and I hate small problems

#2 DeafTV

DeafTV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

When I cock the hammer back I can hear clicking and when I fully pull the trigger I can too, but I don't hear anything if I slowly pull the trigger (if this is what you are talking about)

Edited by DeafTV, 15 June 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

Maybe it is making this noise because the parts may need a bit of lubrication... otherwise your right safety switch is loose because the screw is not all the way tighten. Please take a 1.3mm allen wrench to tighten the screw keeping the right safety switch in place. That will fix your problem.

#4 pwnconditioning

pwnconditioning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

My right safety screw is already in all the way. Maybe I have a bad right safety? I'll try lubricating my trigger bar and hammer.

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

I just took a look at my own M9. I tightened the screw all the way and I have slight play in the safety selector (right) as well. I guess it's just a tolerance control thing. I wouldn't be too worried about it though.

#6 pwnconditioning

pwnconditioning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Can you check if you have the "click" I was talking about too? I'm really curious if it happens with all M9's. If you take the right hand grip off, you can see that when the hammer is cocked, the trigger transfer bar isn't in it's full vertical position. When the trigger is slightly pulled, it releases it into it's correct position; thus making a clicking sound. (I put some sticky foam on the bar, and it mutes the sound a bit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users