• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DeafTV

DeafTV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I was wanting to put a pistol tightbore in my M9 Tactical PTP and was wandering what would fit in it.  I use my pistol so much that I would like if it was a little bit more accurate.  Preferably I would like a 6.01 or 6.03 barrel and I am not putting any sort of outer barrel on it.  I also just put in a new trigger return spring and fixed the safety, so I think a new barrel would just make it even better :)  Thanks!

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

I heard adding a tbb to these pistols doesn't increase the performance that much, only about 20-30fps different and little bit more accuracy, due to the small size of the barrel. If you really want to dump money on your gun, I suggest buying an extra magazine or two. I tried looking on ehobbyasia though. The only results that MAY work (not guaranteed until you try it) are:

http://shop.ehobbyas...-gbb-107mm.html

http://shop.ehobbyas...-gbb-128mm.html

http://shop.ehobbyas...-gbb-125mm.html

The last two are for an M93r... so you may want to add some sort of barrel extension to your M9 Tac if you do choose to buy it.

#3 DeafTV

DeafTV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Yeah the only thing I could find is 6.04mm so I guess I'll just stick to the stock barrel.  I just use my pistol so much I figured if I could get like a 6.01 then it might be worth it.  I may keep looking, thanks!

#4 Napster1150

Napster1150

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

It's really only worth it if you extend the length through a suppressor. On another note if you use propane and lube it well you should be chronoing over 370, and use .30g BBs in it with propane, pretty damn accurate. I'm going to be getting a longer barrel and suppressor for my M9 PTP, because I need it to be accurate at 100ft due to my primary shooting hot and having a large medium engagement distance.

To answer your question, the length is 107mm for the M9 inner barrel, anything longer will need a barrel extension of some kind. Just make sure it's a GBB barrel, they have a different window than the AEGs as I'm sure you know.

Edited by Napster1150, 15 June 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,545 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostNapster1150, on 15 June 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

It's really only worth it if you extend the length through a suppressor. On another note if you use propane and lube it well you should be chronoing over 370, and use .30g BBs in it with propane, pretty damn accurate. I'm going to be getting a longer barrel and suppressor for my M9 PTP, because I need it to be accurate at 100ft due to my primary shooting hot and having a large medium engagement distance.

To answer your question, the length is 107mm for the M9 inner barrel, anything longer will need a barrel extension of some kind. Just make sure it's a GBB barrel, they have a different window than the AEGs as I'm sure you know.
Necro thread.  Let's please check the dates.  Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: M9, PTP, Tactical, Inner Barrel, Inner, Barrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users