KWA M9 PTP Tactical LOTS OF PROBLEMS. HELP!

problems with kwa m9 ptp tact

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EdgelessFire

EdgelessFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey everyone.  Just joined the forum in hopes of some help and answers.  So I bought a new KWA M9 PTP Tactical and i really love the gun.  Within 1 month of owning it I noticed my right safety level had fallen off and i had lost the screw no big deal right?  Well next up my de- cocker stopped working.  I'm not sure what to do about that or how to fix it.  Next i'm shooting away in a game and my gun jams up... I finally open up the slide and i see the right hand side of the two pieces of metal that hold of the gas chamber ( I think thats what it is) in place had broken off. Later on that day I open up my gun to oil and clean it and i find part #19 the cylinder springs, one of them was crushed and mutilated.  not sure how that happened but now i realized why my cylinder was not always returning all the way back. Too my surprise the gun still worked quite well other than de-cocking issues, and missing the right safety. about 2 days later i start shooting my beloved gun just to set in the hop- up a little bit better and what do ya know? My trigger reset spring broke! I was getting rather annoyed with parts messing up a bit on this gun.  Don't get me wrong i love this gun but I'm getting quite frustrated. So  I ordered in new parts # 325, 320, and 45.  They did not have part 19 in stock unfortunately. So i'm still waiting for that order.  Today I shot a few shots out of my gun seeing how it still works quite well and figured may as well still setup the hopup with .28's... As i'm shooting my gun seemed to double feed or jam up on the loading ramp frequently.  I would have to rack back the slide dump out 2 bb's sitting in the area where the mag sits and try to load the next bb and be lucky if it slides into the chamber.  This was really starting to get me angry,  About 30 minutes ago i took apart the gun to look at the loading ramp when suddenly parts #327 and 329, come off the barrel completely.  It was relatively easy to get back on but you need a little patience.  I have no idea how it came off but this gun is starting to really get me upset.  I coughed up alot of money expecting outstanding performance.  I love this gun and it works well when it is working but so many busted up pieces is starting to be exceedingly frustrating.  Could someone please help me out here?

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

All of the problems that you have had happened to mine too... its that you have experienced them all at the same time!! So confirming, yes the two pieces of metal are arms on part 320, that keep the gas nozzle on track so it doesn't stick out and jam your gun. The cylinder return springs make sure the gas nozzle returns after each shot, and your reset spring broke because you probably shot it a hell of a lot, and had put a lot of wear on the gun.

So, if you have successfully installed the parts yourself, you may still be eligible for the warranty... you could fix all of these problems, but I'd suggest sending it to KWA for fixing. Otherwise, if you want to do the modifications yourself, I could walk you step by step on how to fix everything.

You're gun was probably jamming because of the bbs you were using. What type of bbs were you using? And is it possible that you could buy a different brand, such as trying out KWA/KSC Perfect .20s or .25 gram bbs? They seem to give my M9 the best performance.

#3 EdgelessFire

EdgelessFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I'm waiting for the parts to get here in the mail.  I'm using .28 Caliber 6 bb's.  If problems persist should I send the gun into kwa? Also I've only fired the gun around 1000 times max.  I think part of the problem is I got the final model which was the display model at Airsoft Gear Richmond BC.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

EdgelessFire, on 15 June 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

I think part of the problem is I got the final model which was the display model at Airsoft Gear Richmond BC.
That would be one of the factors causing all of these problems... try never to buy a display model because you have no clue how many times kids pulled the trigger, or racked the slide back and forth. In terms of fixing jams, try using .20 gram, .25 gram or .3 gram KWA / KSC branded bbs. These are highly polished and real high quality bbs that will most likely eliminate jams. If you know what you're doing, you can proceed. If you ever need some help installing the pieces, you can always ask, or refer to my tear down guide:
http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=7551
You will find how to get into the parts you need to fix using the guide. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users