Mp7 Angry Suppressor, any user feedback?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Moy

Moy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I just got a KWA mp7 last week and I am loving it. I am really thinking about taking it with me and running it as a primary for OP BlackSheep at the end of the month. I was looking at the Angry Suppressor or the Falcon 363 tightbore as an upgrade to increase my accuracy / range. I know both will increase the FPS (not sure how much), but I planned on running a low power bolt with the longer barrel. Hoping that will bring down the fps below 400 with .25

If anyone could give me some input on the angry suppressor (hoping for some user feedback) that would be great. Though if I can't figure anything out about it before my next paycheck, I may just go with the low power bolt / falcon barrel set up.

#2 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

i havent used the angry gun kit but just the concept of joining two barrels together just doesnt seem right..if alignment is off just a tad bit your accuracy is off by a whole lot..i would just do the falcon barrel and get a barrel extension.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Ive heard of issues with the Angry gun barrel extension, which leads me to not recommend it. Since you're going to Op Blacksheep, I assume you're someone in or near NY, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Quoting Akiraspeedstar
"Their power up suppressor recently broke my mp7, it pushed my oem inner barrel back about 2-3mm. It not only damaged the barrel but also damaged the clip that holds the barrel. I put some jb weld onto the clip and sanded it down to return it to its natural shape and also put in a PDI barrel. I will say that before it damaged my gun it performed really well"

Edited by aaps59, 12 June 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#4 Moy

Moy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Alright thanks for the advice. Yeah I have heard the concerns, but wanted to see if anyone had used it them selves..but I think I will play it safe and get the Falcon

aaps59- I play out of MA

#5 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Alright, good luck with your MP7! I have to admit, the Angrygun extension does look sweet, have you looked into VFC's? I haven't heard too many complaints about that one.

#6 optimuskmg

optimuskmg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

i have an HK licensed one i got off of Asia Airsoft for like 35 bucks shipped, tis Quick Detatch too, real nice, comes with black flash hider, link below
http://asiaairsoft.c...products_id=209

#7 silex

silex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

The angry gun "[barrel extension]" makes a nice looking ornament but as far as function goes it has been a fail for me. All shots seem to curve significantly left when it is attached. The gun is about 100% more effective without it from my testing. If I could do it over again I wouldn't have purchased it…

#8 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

The whole idea of joining two inner barrels together is just stupid..ill bet that bb is hitting the inner barrel extension in the angry gun kit causing bb to hook.

Sent from my DROID2

#9 gregwhite52

gregwhite52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I bought a "6mm solution" mp7 suppressor a while back, and if i'm not mistaken the angry gun suppressor is just a copy of that. Anyway, how the 6mm solution is put together it it has its own flash hider for the QD function and inside the suppressor is, maybe 1/2" thick, foam rings which hold centered a spring, that spring puts tension on an inner barrel which is held centered by 2 sturdy plastic spacers in the front and back of the tube.  the inner barrel has a ring cut into it where you position a circular metal block into which you screw in a hex screw which screws down into the ring creating a surface for the spring to provide tension on the barrel.  I know I am incredible long winded but if you're still following me here is the important part It is a bad design, the spring provides so much tension on the barrel in the suppressor that it pushes back the inner barrel in the gun and I think, not 100% sure on this still, that it was bunching up the hop up bucking.  There are 2 solutions: 1st: you unscrew the hex screw and move back the block of metal attached to the barrel so that the spring doesn't have to compress as much when you go to seat the suppressor with the flash hider fully, the problem with this fix -as I found out the hard way- is that because the hex screw isn't seated in a channel and is working simply with friction on the barrel the vibration from shooting and the stress from the spring can eventually make the screw come loose and the barrel simply slides out when you shoot it.  The tiny bit harder, better 2nd: you have to go in and put the hex screw in the channel cut in the barrel and put the suppressor on without the front cap on, then, press the suppressor barrel hard enough to have it seat with the guns barrel and push the spring back so it is fully seated with the ring block and mark where the spring comes about 1/4-1/2" past the last foam disk, cut the spring there. when you screw the front cap back on the plastic shim will push back on the spring just that 1/4-1/2" so there is enough tension on the suppressors barrel to keep it seated with the guns' barrel, but not so much that it binds up the hop up.

#10 gregwhite52

gregwhite52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

before I did either of those modifications when I would attach the suppressor and fire, 2-3 bbs would jam in the hop up very regularly and all come falling out when the bolt locked back.  If you're concerned about the 2 barrels not aligning correctly, no need, I don't know about the angry gun, but the 6mm solution has shims in the front and back to keep the barrel centered and straight, and for the 8 months I've been using it I haven't once had a bb shatter because it hit a gap or misalignment between the barrels.  one good website to buy mp7  parts from is scopeandlaser.com it sounds kinda sketch, but its really not, and they have a lot of hard to find stuff at good prices and the shipping is cheap too, anyways that my little bite of info on mp7 stuff, hope it helped.

#11 Jdogger

Jdogger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

I recently ordered the 6mm Solutions "Power Up" barrel extension along with an MP7 from Evike... they should be here this week. Now I'm worried I'm going to have problems with it. I'm new to airsoft, so I hope it doesn't give me any trouble. It sure looks cool though...

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=37197

#12 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

I thought I had made a post in here, anyways the AngryGun suppressor broke my gun. It pushed my inner barrel about 2-3mm rearward, damaged the barrel clip, and also jammed the inner barrel into the outer barrel some how. I'd honestly suggest not even using it, though that's entirely up to you. You can always just buy a mock "barrel extension" if you want the looks of it.

Posted Image
that cost me only $25 from ebairsoft

#13 Jdogger

Jdogger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thank you, akiraspeedstar. I think I may go with that one instead. I DO NOT want to risk damage to my gun. How's the quality on that? It looks great in the pic... however it says on EbairSoft it's a -14mm thread. I thought the MP7 was +12mm. Is that a typo or does it require an adapter?

#14 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

That's a typo, its made for the MP7 and fits just fine.

#15 gregwhite52

gregwhite52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

you can fix all these issues with barrel and hop up jamming veeery easily, read the previous posts!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users