3 replies to this topic

#1 masterhex

masterhex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hey guys, quick question here. I have a g36 and have found that a 11.1v lipo 15c makes it shoot very erratically. I was wondering if a 7.4v 15c lipo would have it shoot properly.

#2 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

I've used a 7.4 20c in my g36c with no problems; it's a known problem I believe in the g36's that they don't play well with 11.1v lipos unless you prefer to tinker with the gears and then from what I've read removing the sector gear clip(?), that should solve the problem. I'd just recommend going with the 7.4 and a xt60/deans connector for increased trigger response. To answer your question more plainly, yes; changing over to the 7.4v lipo will fix your problem with the erratic shooting.

#3 masterhex

masterhex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

thanks, yeah, ive read in the forums where an 11.1v lipo would cause the g36 to shoot erratically. My m16 shoots with the 11.1 15c lipo with no issues whatsoever. Would a 7.4v lipo on the g36 shoot the same (amount of bbs coming out per second) as if using a 9.6 v nicad battery? Because when I play I use a 9.6v 1600 mah small type (tight fit) and if the difference between the 7.4 lipo and the 9.6 nicad is minimal I think of using the money and buying something else.

#4 KWChris

KWChris

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Mountain Biking, Pistol

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

To be completely honest with you, and I do have a very capable chrono; I just flat out haven't tested them side by side before, however I am told, and have also read that rof between a 9.6 nimh, and 7.4 lipo are very similar if not the same. I do prefer the longer battery life achieved with the use of a lipo though, and with changing the connectors your trigger response will become awesome and you'll probably never waste time with tamiya's again :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users