6 replies to this topic

#1 jerry1975

jerry1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

PTP Mark 1 or 2 – undecided

Ok, I am an older airsofter who is searching for a realistic 1911 for target shooting and training.  I’ve narrowed my search down to KWA’s Mark 1 and 2.  I still a little undecided between the two, I’m leaning more towards the Mark 1.  But I like some of the features from the Mark 2; like the sights, short recoil spring rod, and the raised bump on the beaver tail safety.  Items I don’t like about the Mark 2 are the grips, and the rail.  Witch one should I get?

#2 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Welcome to the forums.
As for which to get, both guns will perform identically, so it really boils down to what features you desire.  Some things you can change like the grips, others you can't like the rail.  I personally preferred the rail look (even though I don't put anything on it) and the mag skirt on the Mk IV.  Either way you will be getting a quality gun that should fulfill your expectations.

#3 jerry1975

jerry1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I noticed the Mark 2 has alot of issues.  Is this because more people have bought the Mark 2, than the Mark 1?

#4 bid2630

bid2630

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

I believe the differences between the MKs is mainly cosmetic.  So mechanically they should all perform about the same.  My guess is that the II and IV are probably the most popular (KWA makes them both in 2 flavors) since they have rails so the threads would probably reference them the most.

#5 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postjerry1975, on 10 June 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

I noticed the Mark 2 has alot of issues.  Is this because more people have bought the Mark 2, than the Mark 1?

Where did you come to this conclusion?
I have multiples of ALL four MK pistols, and they are the best and most reliable airsoft guns I have. As has been stated above, they are all mechanically identical. The only differences are purely cosmetic. Although, I will say that my MK IV is probably the smoothest shooting, because it has the most extra mass up front to help with the (already mild) recoil.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I have an MK2 and 4. I have to say that they are the most reliable pistols I have ever owned. Just love them to death! lol

#7 jerry1975

jerry1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I made up my mind, I pick the Mark 1

now all i need is $165  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users