Anyone change out their trigger guard yet?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

If so, real steel or Airsoft version?

#2 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Real Steel....

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'm about to put a magpul one.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Allizard has put a Knights Armament trigger guard on his LM4 and it looks like it had good results looking at the picture.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

yup..real steel..jus be careful knocking out the roll pin for the trigger guard...ive broken one too many lowers trying to knock the pin out on other guns...so always back it up on the other side..

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

Just to prove that it can happen to the best of us, I was installing my magpul trigger guard last night and broke the ear off the lower receiver. lol
I did have a support on opposite side when tapping the roll pin back in and everything lined up good. But I must have tapped it a little harder than I should and I should have used a little oil. This never happened to me before so it's a little weird.  Anyways, I glued that sucker back and the trigger guard is secure so it's all good. lol
Just be careful guys if you attempt this yourselves.

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 09 June 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Just to prove that it can happen to the best of us, I was installing my magpul trigger guard last night and broke the ear off the lower receiver. lol
I did have a support on opposite side when tapping the roll pin back in and everything lined up good. But I must have tapped it a little harder than I should and I should have used a little oil. This never happened to me before so it's a little weird.  Anyways, I glued that sucker back and the trigger guard is secure so it's all good. lol

Sorry to hear that! That sucks big time..I hope some companies make some upper/lower receievers in the near future..I would have been cursing up a storm if this would have happened to me..again..

#8 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Ah man that sucks, I'll definitely take a lot of care when I install my guard.

As for aftermarket receivers, I really hope someone makes some. Id love to have a VLTOR style upper and maybe a lower with trademarks of some sort.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

:cry: I feel your pain Brother!

#10 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Well last night I put a thin coat of JB weld over the broken ear and filed down once set then a little sanding. Painted with krylon flat black and now good as new! lol

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 10 June 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Well last night I put a thin coat of JB weld over the broken ear and filed down once set then a little sanding. Painted with krylon flat black and now good as new! lol
:clap:

#12 jaybirdritenour2

jaybirdritenour2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

Maybe someone should contact Prime to ask them to think about making some receiver sets. Guns Modify was making a forged one for the Asia LM4 but I don't know if they will ever make one for the US version.

#13 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Make sure you take the GRIP off before punching out the roll pin.  It has to stay as even as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users