8 replies to this topic

#1 jp6spd

jp6spd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

So I received my ptp two days ago, lubricated it and fired around 30 shots through it. The slide sticks back after every shot now. I've cleaned it, lubed it, same issue. I've noticed a lot of wear around the outter barrel near the hop up and it seems as if the pin that holds the hop and outer barrel is sticking out a bit. Fixed this but the barrel still sticks. I have no idea what the issue could be. I've lubed it, cleaned it, fixed what issue I could see, still no luck.  Any help? Hopefully KWA steps up and helps me out.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

The gun may still need to be broken in. Try shooting a few hundred more shots and see if the problem still exists. If you feel like the slide is unintentionally rubbing against the barrel too hard, it may be damaged.

#3 jp6spd

jp6spd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

That's what it feels like, like it's rubbing and when it sticks, it's further back than where the slide catch is.

#4 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

It's probably the trigger reset lever. All of my MK-series pistols have always really held up on that. It doesn't affect function while firing, however, if you're just lightly racking the slide, it'll hold up, even after thousands of shots.

#5 jp6spd

jp6spd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

It sticks after every shot I fire so it does affect shooting

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

So are you saying that the slide stops toward the back and does not completely slam forward ready for the next shot?  Did you check the screw underneath the slide toward the rear of the slide that houses the cylinder? Sometimes they can back itself out and cause the slide to stick.  Just tighten it if that is the case.

#7 jp6spd

jp6spd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

The slide goes back as if the mag is empty, slide release doesn't release the slide. I have to push the slide forward to complete the cycle.

#8 jp6spd

jp6spd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

KWA thanks for the customer support. Sending my gun out for warranty service tomorrow.

#9 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

View Postjp6spd, on 07 June 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

It sticks after every shot I fire so it does affect shooting

It's really not that hard to diagnose and fix this stuff. But if the gun is still under warranty, and you're not as mechanically inclined, KWA will do a great job of resolving your issue. I'm still going to bet that it has something to do with the trigger reset levers which protrude from that part of the frame. If yours is unusually dry, or otherwise jammed, that will most certainly hold up the slide as it tries to return to battery. There really are no other mechanical pieces which could get in the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users