• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bherrin1

bherrin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Okay, I thought I was just being really stupid, but two other airsofter's met with the same fate I have.  So I thought I'd ask.

When I purchased my ATP earlier this week, the salesperson showed me the "speed loader" included with the firearm.  He simply said you place it on top of the mag and drop in the bb's.

Okay.. this doesn't work.  The bb's need a nice gentle push into the magazine.  Am I missing something obvious here? I don't see it referenced in the book.  It would be nice to be able to load mags a little faster if there were such an option.  I've searched the forums and YouTube and haven't even seen it mentioned.

I am using .25g bb's.

Thanks!

#2 bishop5038

bishop5038

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

There is actually no straight adaptor that connects to the mag lip and to a speed loader. You can pull the follower #MG6,MG5,MG15 down to the bottom of the channel of the magazine and it will lock.You can use any aftermarket speedloader and align it with the holing on the mag lip to load in bbs.

#3 bherrin1

bherrin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks, Bishop.  I do understand what you are saying.  And in the packaging there is a small 2" long funnel device that seems to attach to the top of the mag for the purpose you describe.  However, when I pull the follower down and lock it, the bb's still won't funnel down the attachment into the magazine because the tolerance is so tight.  The bb's need a gentle push of the thumb to get them in.  Is this normal, or does this magazine (the one included with the gun) perhaps just have a tighter tolerance than most?

Thanks again.  BTW - love the gun.  It's going to do wonders for our force on force training.  I'd like to make the trigger pull a little harder and maybe get the slide tighter, but it's a solid device.

#4 bishop5038

bishop5038

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

The mag. lips #MG3 are commonly fairly tight to allow flex on the mag lips while a bb is being loaded into the chamber. There will be resistance on the bb when loading it using that method. It would be suggestible to transition to either KWA speed loaded or to an aftermarket speed loader. I hope that answered your question.

#5 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

I never knew that the ATP's came with the loading funnel. Its unfortunate but something we must deal with, that inconvenience of loading gas mags that is. Hope you have fun with your ATP!
By making the slide tighter, do you mean you want to make it slightly harder to cock?

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

A loading funnel.......Oh, is that what it is?!!lol  JK
I just use a speed loader and I don't care if I don't get a neat double stack when I am in a hurry. LOL

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 06 June 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

A loading funnel.......Oh, is that what it is?!!lol  JK
I just use a speed loader and I don't care if I don't get a neat double stack when I am in a hurry. LOL
Yup, just looked....mine is still in the box.  Am I doing something wrong? ;)

#8 bherrin1

bherrin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Great!  Thanks.

#9 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I find that if you tilt the loader while on the magazine, it is easier to load. Just play with it a little and they should load more smoothly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users