6 replies to this topic

#1 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Is there any reason to expect that KWA might ever release tightbore barrels for the MK-series 1911 guns?
I have a bunch of those guns, and while they are very powerful, and decently accurate, I would love to improve that precision with a better inner barrel.

There are aftermarket choices for WE and TM - no surprise - but considering that there are almost zero 3rd-party add-ons for any KWA gun, I would have to assume that we'd need to rely on KWA to release such a product.

#2 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

I searched, and found a few listings for PDI tightbore barrels for KSC 1911A1 models. However, being that it doesn't say anything about NS2 or S7, I would assume that those won't work on a KWA MK 1911?

#3 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Different inner barrel dimensions, the M1911A1 and MK Series are not the same.

#4 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks. So, I take it there really isn't going to be anything out there, then? There is no equivalent MK-series gun offered by KSC elsewhere in the world, is there.

#5 Shaggy

Shaggy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

They have one for the MK-Series if u go to Precision Airsoft I was thinking about getting one myself my brother has a barrel from them for his KWA G36 that works great

#6 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Very interesting. Thanks! I wonder if anyone here is actually tried out that particular barrel on a MK pistol?

#7 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:DIY Airsoft. DIY speaker building. Chairsoft(LOL) some other stuff

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

I have one in my MKIV and it increases FPS to about 380+  Depending on gas and temps.  It is consistent as well.   I tend to be a rather good shot with both the MKIII stock and my upgraded MKIV.  For me at times I can't really tell.   But I'm quite sure it is what you are looking for as far as performance...

Just make sure you print the diagram and watch every takedown video you can. Don't loose that tiny screw!

http://www.precision...es-p/pct113.htm

Edited by Brick Stone, 06 October 2012 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users