• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Sorry for doing multiple threads on this but here is a tutorial of how I modified my hop up unit to what I think is a more reliable solution for consistant hop up and slightly higher fps. The stock hop up unit is junk imo..so check out my video and subscribe! I have a few other vids on the lm4 you might want to check out.

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I guess this is a good alternative if you are one of the unfortunate people experiencing hop up problems with the LM4. Probably easier to put in than sending the gun in to KWA for repair heh.

#3 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

my hop up would barely shoot .28g bbs 125ft..at max hop up when i took it out of the box..

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Did you clean the grease out of the bucking prior to shooting it?

From experience, I found KWAs perform real well when their bucking was cleaned of its grease, and at its worst when soaked in oil.

I'm not skeptical of the results you ended up having. However, the new hop up bucking design is supposed to be an improvement over the old design or else KWA would have not switched over. It's probably something I'll look into once I pick up a LM4 this week or next week.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

yes i did clean the original bucking. and same results..the metal tab that applies pressure to bucking is just too thin to handle thousands of rounds before losing its shape. and the hop up bucking itself is made of very thin rubber..and it doesnt make a tight seal around the loading nozzle tip. i havent fielded my LM4 yet but will this weekend and ill update this as to how it worked out.

#6 thatguyx

thatguyx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Slightly OT but will the Guarder KSC hop-up unit fit on place of the stock KWA unit? Could save a lot of time, and be a solution for those who can't/don't want to dremel stock parts.

#7 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Mainly firearms, firearm replica's, military, law enforcement, PMC/PSC, video games

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postthatguyx, on 01 June 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Slightly OT but will the Guarder KSC hop-up unit fit on place of the stock KWA unit? Could save a lot of time, and be a solution for those who can't/don't want to dremel stock parts.

or for those who dont know how to use one or even own a dremel. Good question!

#8 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

I got the guarder hop up yesterday..and it does work with the ksc bucking..but will need some modificationits the same as the kwa unit. But its made of steel so no broken teeth! Gonna install it sometime this week..also got the guarder 6.02 tbb..will be instlling same time..and yes it is compatible with the LM4.

Edited by BoobieM4H, 03 June 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#9 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Mainly firearms, firearm replica's, military, law enforcement, PMC/PSC, video games

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Maybe you could post video of you installing as a tutorial?

Ghost Security Force;
Devil

#10 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

ill do a video tomorrow. ill be installing a guarder 6.02 tbb and a+studios reaps bucking..also gonna try the guarder steel hop up. ill post it up here instead of starting another thread..so check back tomorrow evening.

#11 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Sounds good, I'm tthe only person in my area that uses GBBR's. So, any modifications that I want/need done I'll have to do. So, I'm going to be deeply reliant on this forum to help. So, its much appreciated man, I like the sound of a steel hopup over a plastic one. So, we'll see how it works

Ghost Security Force;
Devil

#12 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postdevil69, on 03 June 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Sounds good, I'm tthe only person in my area that uses GBBR's. So, any modifications that I want/need done I'll have to do. So, I'm going to be deeply reliant on this forum to help. So, its much appreciated man, I like the sound of a steel hopup over a plastic one. So, we'll see how it works

Ghost Security Force;
Devil
i got the guarder steel hop up today and it needs modification..it wont work with the new style hop up or the kwa ball bearing hop up..i think it needs a bigger ball bearing for it to work..ill figure something out..

#13 blazeflow

blazeflow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostBoobieM4H, on 30 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Sorry for doing multiple threads on this but here is a tutorial of how I modified my hop up unit to what I think is a more reliable solution for consistant hop up and slightly higher fps. The stock hop up unit is junk imo..so check out my video and subscribe! I have a few other vids on the lm4 you might want to check out.

https://www.youtube....be_gdata_player

i know alot of people that had there teeth striped on the hop-up.... this mod. that you did, do you still adjust it the same way as before using the key they gave?

#14 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postblazeflow, on 13 June 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

i know alot of people that had there teeth striped on the hop-up.... this mod. that you did, do you still adjust it the same way as before using the key they gave?

Yes..you still have to use the special hop up tool to adjust it. I have the guarder steel hop up unit..but still haven't looked for a ball bearing that is slightly larger then the ones used in the old style hop up unit..I've actually been lazy lol..ill see if I can get to it this week sometime..I have so many projects going on right now. Its crazy..hella people been hitting me up for this mod..wanting to send me their guns so I can do the mod to it!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users