• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darrelleman

darrelleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I've had the Kwa M93r for about a month now and so far I love it alot! I do have a few problems with it though the first and most important being that the hop-up seems really messed up. When I shoot the gun it consistently shoots off to the left and not on target at all. I figured it was something to do with the hop-up and tried turning it all the way on and shooting. When i did i noticed that the hop-up didn't send the bb curving upward sharply like I would expect (I'm not saying I have seen my gun ever actually do so) it made the bb curve slightly upward and quite a bit to the left. I am wondering what might possibly be wrong with my gun or if it is the hop up that is causing this. Also I am using 0.25g G&G bbs with propane and silicon oil. My other question isn't really a question at all its just I'm wondering why the Ns2 system on this gun is so iffy. I can be shooting 2 mags i filled up together at the same time, it's 80 degrees out and one will shoot half its shots while the other shoots 1 1/2 mags. What are some tips on this or why is it happening? Thanks

Edit: It is 2 months later and I've now put about 5000 rounds through the gun. I've tried two brands (G&G and TSD) of bbs and also two weights (0.25g and 0.23g) and nothing helps. I still notice the same problem. Could there be something wrong with say the hop up bucking or anything similar because it is becoming almost clear that it has to do with the hop up

Edited by darrelleman, 20 July 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

If you just got your M93r a month ago, it may still need to be broken in. Also, the hop up has many positions, so you don't have to have it either fully on or fully off. Adjust it to where the gun performs the best. If you still feel there are accuracy issues, try switching to a different brand of bb. I suggest KWA/KSC Perfect bbs. Those seem to function the best in all of my kwa guns. ;)

In terms of gas efficiency, you may not be charging one magazine as much as you do the other. Try charging both magazines for the same amount of time and see if it yields different results.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you may be experiencing these problems when you are using propane. If you can, try switching to green gas to see if this yields a different result as well.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 28 May 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#3 darrelleman

darrelleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

I can't switch to green gas because it is extremely difficult to get where I live (I'm as far away from any airsoft retailer as possible). But when I run out of BBs I might get the chance to try green gas and a new brand of BBs. Honestly though I don't see how either of those could possibly causing what i described. Its not that its inaccurate its that the bb's consistently shoot to the left. I also know that the hop-up has many settings and I use it on setting 4 from having it turned off. I only turned it all the way up to confirm my suspicions of the hop-up curving it left. Any other possible things wrong? Hop-up bucking defective? I've heard that the feeding lip on KWA mags are quite sharp and can put cuts in the BBs causing accuracy problems but my problem seems too consistent.

#4 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hmmmmm, I shoot with .28g BB's with excellent accuracy.......... In about the same hop up position you mentioned. If your gun was used previously or just plane used a lot by you I'd say you might have a swollen & twisted bucking from using spray silicone oil to fill your adapter. But If your gun was new, I'd say it's hop up is defective and either needs to be replaced or repositioned in the hop up assembly.

#5 darrelleman

darrelleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

How would I reposition it?

#6 Standard4130

Standard4130

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Current Interest are.......Machining/Manufacturing, Airsoft or any projectile shooting device, Aviation, Motorcycling, Fishing, Photography, Music........And so many more. (I'm lazy and will add later....LOL)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

You would have to take the barrel & hop up assembly out of the gun & then take all the component pieces apart.......Wash them in soap & water and then re install them as strait as possible. If the bucking or barrel is even slightly twisted left or right you will have a left or right curvature induced into the BB flight path. If that doesn't fix your problem then I would purchase a new bucking and install, It could be possible that your bucking was molded wrong or warped. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of any of the component pieces to be machined or manufactured off spec...... But starting with the bucking is where I'd look.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa m93r, hop up, help, ns2, kwa m93r help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users