Kwa M1911 Mkiv (Not Firing/inconsistency)

Kwa not firing M1911 MKIV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ILIPOWPOW

ILIPOWPOW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hello, I purchased a KWA M1911 MKIV last October from Shorty USA.  Initially, the problem I faced was; the gun was inconstant.  It would only give me about 7-8 rounds before the last shot where it released all of it's gas.  So I placed the gun away and never used it again because of the lack of consistancy, and becase the weather was becomeing cold.  But now, the weather is warming up I decided to take it back out.  However, now the gun wont even shoot.  I have asked around and even made a 1080p video on youtube for answers.  Some say I am missing part #60 the firing pin. Link to the video will be provivded below.  All help will be appreciated, I would like to know that I didn't spend almost $200 for a gun to be a lemon.

#2 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

That is your problem. It is that small pin. I knew someone that had the same exact problem with a Mark II and he got that fixed and it works perfectly now. Im not sure if his just fell out or if the spring got messed up somehow.

#3 Kris12

Kris12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hey, i got this same gun a few months ago and i have this same problem but for me, the impact pin isnt missing, it just doesnt pop out like it should. Im wondering if its jammed or if it has a spring in there that has been damaged or something, because i hate that my gun wont work when its supposed to be the best 1911 out there. i really dont want to take it apart and risk breaking it even more, but it just sucks that the only other option is sending it in to KWA to get it fixed for such a small problem. And the worst part is that i have little to no idea how to fully disassemble the gun to take the impact pin out and diagnose the problem. Any advice would be great guys

#4 Viet

Viet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Like a real 1911, the MK series is not meant to be dry fired.  Repeatedly cocking the hammer and squeezing the trigger without a magazine will cause damage to the firing pin and in some cases fall out due to over travel.  Having a magazine in the weapon prevents the firing pin from over travel therefore preventing damage.  More than likely, this is the case.  Contact us on the Help Desk and one of our representatives can talk to you about your product and how to get it back up and running again.

#5 Kimber45cal

Kimber45cal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Guns shooting hunting big and small game motorcycles street&dirt just getting into airsoft thanks to my son who has a Knighthawk 1911 45 gas blow back pistol and a L96 sniper rifle.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

The part you needis #60 the Impact pin.Ifyou remove the slide and look near the hammer you will see 2 pins that you have to push down to get the slide back on. holding the gun in your hand the pin on the right is called the impact hammer #36.with the hammer back if you push that pin down the impact pin schould pop out from that hole near the hammer.I dont see any pin in your video.to fix the it all you need to do is replace that pin.ITs not as hard as you think.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostKimber45cal, on 26 August 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

The part you needis #60 the Impact pin.Ifyou remove the slide and look near the hammer you will see 2 pins that you have to push down to get the slide back on. holding the gun in your hand the pin on the right is called the impact hammer #36.with the hammer back if you push that pin down the impact pin schould pop out from that hole near the hammer.I dont see any pin in your video.to fix the it all you need to do is replace that pin.ITs not as hard as you think.
From what I understand, this is a fairly common problem with the MK series, if youre not careful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kwa, not, firing, M1911, MKIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users