6 replies to this topic

#1 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

I want to get one but can anyone confirm for me if the gun has a polymer or metal inner barrel? If its polymer, is there anywhere that sells a metal one for it?

#2 colonel.m249

colonel.m249

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

there is no such thing as a polymer inner barrel as far as i know, Metal inner barrels are what ALL guns use.

try looking here for some: http://www.evike.com...php?cPath=24_72

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postcolonel.m249, on 23 May 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

there is no such thing as a polymer inner barrel as far as i know, Metal inner barrels are what ALL guns use.

try looking here for some: http://www.evike.com...php?cPath=24_72
Colonel is right. Welcome to the forums by the way.

What you are thinking is polymer, Cynic, is the outer barrel. The outer barrel is made from polymer to increase the the durability and reliability. The gun will cycle better if it is rubbing against a polymer outer barrel, as opposed to a metal one.

#4 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Like everyone said. the barrel you are referring to made of polymer/plastic is the outer barrel. The inner barrel is quality metal.

#5 CynicBlue

CynicBlue

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Whoops, I meant to say the outer barrel. Sorry about the confusion. Is there a replacement after part to cover the outer barrel to metal? I prefer the metal feel and sound even if its not as efficient.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

There have been some aftermarket products sold that you can switch your outer polymer barrel to a metal outer barrel. KWA even sells a metal outer barrel for their MK series. Keep in mind, these will reduce performance (perhaps not significantly) but will increase and accelerate the amount of wear and tear on your gun. I don't see any harm in replacing an outer barrel, just be sure you know what you are doing.

#7 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

a lot of the HK45 that have been sold at a local airsoft shop have come back with the infamous cracked outer barrel that so many are having..including me. i have found that it cracks right in the center, top of chamber, on the seam. now i do know for a fact that the plactic stock outer barrels from the USP KP45 and USP TACTICAL drop right into the HK45 and work flawlessly..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users