8 replies to this topic

#1 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

This seems to be quite difficult. I've tried hot water and a hair dryer with no results. I'm twisting clockwise (facing the barrel) and it's not budging. I'm trying to use a vice grip with rubber over the teeth to prevent scratching, but the rubber keeps slipping or the force is so great it just slowly eats through it and has scratched the flash hider a bit. Any recommendations?

#2 Raptor72

Raptor72

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

I have always just painted mine.  I has able to take my flash hider off my SR10 and do it off gun but my WE scar I just left on.  I ALWAYS take inner barrel out, tape and bag parts, dremel ALL paint off..inside and out of flash hider, then put on  3 or 4 coasts of satin black.  Matches my SR10 EXACTLY.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Don't really think we can help you with removal of the orange tip, but have you tried taking the screw out? Assuming there is one on these..? It would be located near the threaded area on the outside.

#4 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yeah M4s usually have a small grub screw on the bottom of the flash hider. Also if it's anything like the MP7, it'll probably be a bitch to get off with the adhesive that they use. A blow torch is a good way to heat it up enough to get it loose.

#5 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I did remove the screw. Still no dice. If I need to re-paint, I will, but this is just crazy. Reminds me of having to use a blow torch to get the PTW hider off!

Edited by Nitemare, 18 May 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Well what I did with my SR10 when I took that one off, was I took a pair of channelock pliers to it, gripped it as tight as possible, put the gun standing up between my legs while I was sitting down, had the stock on the ground and the barrel facing upwards, put the mag in the magwell, and put my legs around the magwell and the pistol grip, and just pulled it as hard as I could. That worked.

#7 Nitemare

Nitemare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm twisting it the proper direction, correct? Clockwise while staring down the barrel?

KWA rep said to make sure barrel is secured (assuming so you can't damage it from all the force).

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

... I think we should respect House Rules...

#9 Guest_Allizard_*

Guest_Allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Sorry... I'm closing this thread.  We can't discuss how to remove Flash Hider on the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users