#401 manglepop

manglepop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

uscmCorps, on 14 July 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Thanks bladerunner! I think Spike Tactical RIS would look cool, but I actually really like the setup you've already got there.

On another note, one of my buddies from my weapon manipulation shooting classes has been interested in getting into airsoft to supplement his RS training (well that, and he's had a lot of fun at our last few private games Posted Image ). He asked that we build him an AR similar to his RS AR15. We picked up a LM4 this evening from AEX (Torrance, CA) and I worked on it this evening. He supplied me with a spare RS Troy 13" Battle Rail he had. I installed that and then cut down and modded the OEM front sight post to be a low profile gas block (old school style).

Posted Image

In retrospect, while the RS Troy rail did go on, it certainly made me work for it.  Kinda like what I experienced with the Midwest Industries rail, the threading on the upper receiver was different enough from the RS spec, that the new barrel nut essentially acted as a die and recut the threads of the upper as it went on. It was a surprising amount of effort. It's now on there, but it wasn't 100% drop in with no problems. Anyone else experience this with their own RS rails?

This is the exact build that i always want to do to a LM4 when i get one soon. That Troy TRX rail looks great with the LM4.

Edited by manglepop, 19 January 2014 - 01:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users