• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#41 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

devil69, on 08 June 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

That the stock barrel length? Seems, long....haven't physically held mine yet Sooo sorry if it was a dumb question

Ghost Security Force;
Devil
Yes. So far everything is stock except the rails and the flash hider.  I have ordered the ACE Skeleton stock with buffer tube and magpul MOE+ grip today.  I should be able to complete the externals by next friday.  I will be putting on the magpul trigger guard and sixell mag grip today.

#42 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Mainly firearms, firearm replica's, military, law enforcement, PMC/PSC, video games

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Maybe its just the 7" rail, I'm planning on buying a 9" DD rail. I'm truly unsure what type of stock and grip I'm going to get for it. I have one on my KA that I love and would LOVE to get for it, but, I can't find it ANYWHERE. Looking good though man! Keep us posted with pictures!

Ghost Security Force;
Devil

#43 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

devil69, on 08 June 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Maybe its just the 7" rail, I'm planning on buying a 9" DD rail. I'm truly unsure what type of stock and grip I'm going to get for it. I have one on my KA that I love and would LOVE to get for it, but, I can't find it ANYWHERE. Looking good though man! Keep us posted with pictures!

Ghost Security Force;
Devil
Will Do, Sir!  lol

#44 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Got my LM4 today. The build is about ehhhh, 87% done. Still waiting on the sight, the light, and the upgraded recoil buffer. But looking pretty solid so far.
As for compatibility:
Magpul USA STR Mil Spec
Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip
Magpul USA Carbine Handguard

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the pistol grip, I am experiencing slight wobble with the KWA screw, so I should probably fix that by using Orange's idea.

#45 apacifico3

apacifico3

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Airsoft, Sports

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

aaps59, on 08 June 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Got my LM4 today. The build is about ehhhh, 87% done. Still waiting on the sight, the light, and the upgraded recoil buffer. But looking pretty solid so far.
As for compatibility:
Magpul USA STR Mil Spec
Magpul MOE+ Pistol Grip
Magpul USA Carbine Handguard

As for the pistol grip, I am experiencing slight wobble with the KWA screw, so I should probably fix that by using Orange's idea.

Looks nice! How do you like the MOE+ grip in comparison to the standard MOE and MIAD grips? Also, it looks like the grip doesn't have that gap between it and the lower, but it's wobbly? Hopefully the washer/spacer idea fixes the wobble as well eliminates any sort of gap. Again, looks really god, congrats!

#46 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

apacifico3, on 08 June 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Looks nice! How do you like the MOE+ grip in comparison to the standard MOE and MIAD grips? Also, it looks like the grip doesn't have that gap between it and the lower, but it's wobbly? Hopefully the washer/spacer idea fixes the wobble as well eliminates any sort of gap. Again, looks really god, congrats!
Thanks man. I kinda like it a bit more than the MOE grip on my SR10. But something my friend pointed out to me, because its like rubbery, it'll probably make my hands sweaty and hot, but oh well, I don't care. We'll find out tomorrow. There was no gap, and no sanding was necessary. Il post updated pics when I get my light and sight, hoping both will have nice trades.
Also, the wobble is pretty minor, but can get annoying if your have OCD. Oh well, we'll see.

#47 Orange

Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Finally got all the tools needed to do this...

The Madbull Daniel Defense MK18 rails fit, woo!

Posted Image
Posted Image

I was worried that the barrel nut threads might not match the LM4, but it did so that's a relief!

Posted Image
Posted Image

If you don't want to keep the gas tube in it, then there are no modifications necessary. I wanted to keep it however so I got a G&P low profile gas block and then a few things needed to be done. Here are a few things to note with this specific setup:
  • If you attach the gas tube to the block with a roll-pin, you'll discover that the gas tube isn't long enough to reach back into the receiver (off by maybe 1cm?). This is because the gas block expects you to stick the tube into it farther than the original front sight post. You have two choices:
  • Keep the front part attached with roll-pin and deal with it not reaching the receiver. It'll reach at least the base plate so it won't rattle or move.
  • Keep the rear part of the tube attached to the receiver and find a different way to attach the front to the gas block (glue, etc.).
  • The base plate for the MK18 rails does not have a hole for the gas tube so you'll have to drill one yourself.
In the end I used the rollpin in the front and stuck the tube through a hole I drilled in the base plate and it doesn't hit the receiver but oh well.

Edited by Orange, 08 June 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#48 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Mainly firearms, firearm replica's, military, law enforcement, PMC/PSC, video games

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Now, I f***ing love the way that looks! Not much for the magpul ones, but that DD looks amazing! Glad to know the mk18 rail fits that means the 9" LITE should also. Great pictures both of you! Thanks for the update on the gas tubes.

Ghost Security Force;
Devil

#49 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

yup got my DD rail today and that went on really nice..matches up with flat top rail on receiver very well..good looking guns!

#50 CHEEKSx36

CHEEKSx36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Great looking guns everyone! Has anyone tried installing a Magpul BAD lever?

#51 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

CHEEKSx36, on 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

A few forum members have tried but seems to not fit properly.

#52 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

CHEEKSx36, on 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Seems that it won't work without some modifications being done, I'll find out when my lm4 arrives as I have one that I already modified to work with my Tokyo Marui SOPMOD sitting on the side, maybe that will be enough.

#53 devil69

devil69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Broke down and fielded it today and LOVED it, fires 351 consistent with 28's and pretty accurate actually. No adjustment to the hop up needed. Excellent feel and it does make a distinctive tone on the field.

Ghost Security Force;
Devil

#54 dirtdart

dirtdart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:airsoft retail store and indoor field owner, real steel ipsc, real steel long range rifle, harley davidsons,

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

have a lm4 that ive had for about 3 weeks now. have upgraded it with rs acs stock, madbull 10 inch pws rail system, red/greendot scope, i removed the front barrel section, (the joy of a 2 piece outer bbl) and installed a 5 inch suppressor. left the ful length inner barrel, so it shoots extremely well while looking like a suppressed cqb gun. I own a retail airsoft store and indoor cqb field in central florida so it has already seen some heavy cqb action with zero problems.........this is by far my fav gbb rifle, and i have several by various manufactures to compare it to. kudos kwa, this is the reason i carry your guns........ill post some pics as soon as i can

#55 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

dirtdart, on 11 June 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

have a lm4 that ive had for about 3 weeks now. have upgraded it with rs acs stock, madbull 10 inch pws rail system, red/greendot scope, i removed the front barrel section, (the joy of a 2 piece outer bbl) and installed a 5 inch suppressor. left the ful length inner barrel, so it shoots extremely well while looking like a suppressed cqb gun. I own a retail airsoft store and indoor cqb field in central florida so it has already seen some heavy cqb action with zero problems.........this is by far my fav gbb rifle, and i have several by various manufactures to compare it to. kudos kwa, this is the reason i carry your guns........ill post some pics as soon as i can
Upload pictures please.

#56 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Magazine Catch/release of AR-15 will NOT fit LM4, big disappointment I hate the hex screw looking button, not flush against receiver and positive click sound.

#57 sheepdogg

sheepdogg

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Gaming (PC), MILSIM

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Standard magpuls work and isn't to hard to fill the gas.  Only reccomend for those of us with enough to only be refilling gas while resuplying.  If your gassing up in the heat of battle the magpul could bother you

Posted Image
My LM4 ATM

Showing valve
Posted Image

#58 LittleBird

LittleBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Gbbrs, glocks,

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

User tested

Magpul Usa (Real Steel) Moe+ grip- works flawlessly with the washer idea.

Airsoft Daniel Defense 12 inch Omega RIS- Works Flawlessly

B.A.D Lever- WILL NOT WORK AT ALL. DO NOT GET ONE FOR THIS GUN I WILL NOT WORK

Magpul Usa (Real steel) CTR (Milspec) stock with enhanced rubber butt pad- Works Extremley well, except there is a slight barley noticable at all even for me who sold all his VFC's because of the slight wobble.

XTM rail covers- Most attatchments will be strained trying to mount to the Daniel defense rail, so they do not fully click into position, my RVG will not fit either. It is annoying, so its the rail not the covers

Magpul USA drop in Ar15 trigger guard- Back half goes in perfectly, however the fron screw is too large and will not fit through the LM4 trigger guard hole, making it so when you pull on the trigger guard the front will pop out.

Overall MOST real steel external parts will work as long as they arent specifically tailored to the real weapon (B.A.D lever ect.)

Little bird ECR

#59 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

I am experimenting with making the bad lever work..it is true that it won't work if bolted on..trying to figure out how to make it work..ill keep y'all posted if I find a way

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

#60 kullwarrior

kullwarrior

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Immunology, Virus, Infectious Bacteria, Firearms

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

-Knight's Armament Post 2006 M4 RAS
-Dytac LMT Gen2 SOPMOD stock (wobbles quite a bit, require eletrical tape to tone it down)
FYI: Sharpie-trick over the laser etch receiver to make it more realistic.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by kullwarrior, 14 June 2012 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users