Are Lithium-Maganese (Limn) Batteries Going To Be Back In Stock?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Title pretty much says it all.

I've been looking at getting an SR10 for a while and tomorrow I'm going to officially order it through my local authorized KWA retailer (think local first, right?).

Obviously I need a battery for it and I've been obsessing over this for months so I check the pro-shop a few times a week (for the past few months, no less). I remember recently there being an 11.1v 1600-1800 (not sure)MaH 15C LiMn Nunchuk type battery for sale but it's no longer there. I'm not familiar with the process to "maintain" a LiPo but I'll be away at college for long periods of time so I won't be able to care for it while I'm away and if it's explosive I'd rather not have my family try to maintain it.

Will you ever be restocking this item?

Thank you kindly!

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. Any product shown on the pro shop as out of stock may not actually be out of stock. I recommend confirming that it is actually out of stock with KWA by calling them tomorrow.

Phone number
1.626.581.1777 (Voice)

Hours
Monday thru Friday - 9am to 5:30pm (PST)
Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed

If it is truly out of stock, I'm sure you could find another battery that suits your needs.

#3 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Thank you for the quick reply and the warm welcome.

I've been having trouble finding an equivalent (LiMn, 11.1v, with right Mah, C, etc) from a reputable source, not to mention the BOL one's are designed specifically for KWA so you know everything is within the limits.
I will contact them tomorrow.

Beautiful SR10 you have there, dooood.

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks pal. Thats actually my old "build". Im trying to save up some cash to redo the rail accessories and the optics and all. Since that picture was taken, many internal upgrades and some external upgrades have been done.
You could always look into a 9.6 nun chuck for the SR10 if you don't think you could take care of a lipo.

#5 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm gonna need a replacement for the orange tip and a foregrip almost immediately when I get it.

My only issue is that when I'm away at college, I won't really be playing. I'd feel safer getting the LiMn just because I don't want to leave something potentially dangerous around the house. My parents are intelligent people but they call them accidents for a reason haha.

I talked to Allizard and he said he personally uses the LiMn's I was talking about so I'm hoping a quick call to KWA will render my concern unnecessary.

Where in NY do you play?

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I don't actually play in NY heh. I live in the city, play at outdoors in NJ such as Cookies. Great field, nice people. I know of most of the fields in the area. I don't do CQB because I don't really like the fast paced action all that much.

#7 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm more of a "field" man myself although I've only played twice!

I'm a converted speedball paintballer.

Are any of those fields near Phillipsburg, NJ? I go to school about 2 minutes from there!

#8 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

Ahh, there are fields not too far from Phillpsburg. Cookies is less than a hour north. There is also another field which I don't go to anymore, and I don't recommend you go to either, which is about a half hour away from Phillipsburg. Field sucks, store sucks, I won't even mention the name. There is also Stryker airsoft which is a CQB field that is about 40 mins away.
Not to get further off topic but where in NY are you?

Also, for grip and orange tip...
Id recommend a Magpul RVG. Madbull has a great selection of flash hiders I would check out.

#9 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I live in Poughkeepsie, NY which is about an hour and a half north of the city. I plan on playing at hudson valley airsoft around here. Don't really know much else.

I'm a college student, and my school is in PA (but we are literally 1 minute from the border of NJ) and maybe I'd be able to play while at school which was why I was asking what was around.

Edit: is there anything I should be looking for in a flash hider? Should it have a certain type of threading or attachment?

Edited by Insayne, 16 May 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#10 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Yup I know Poughkeepsie. Theres a field or two near you. One is called Zulu 24, Ive heard its nice but never played. And another one which I'm blanking on the name of right now, but they have a pretty big event happening this weekend. If you plan on playing while at school, Id definitely recommend taking a trip up to Cookies one day when theres a game. Anyways, good luck finding your battery. If it is truly out of stock, post back and Il see if we can find you a similar battery elsewhere.

#11 Insayne

Insayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for everything man.

I'll keep this thread in mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users