M9 Tactical Or M1911 Mk Iv Tactical Help Me Decide!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mproia

mproia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hello All,

I am torn between the M9 PTP Tactical and the M1911 MK IV PTP Tactical. Let me know your opinions! I am new to airsoft so I would like to get as much info as I can before I purchase!

Thanking you all in advance!

Edited by mproiaq, 09 May 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#2 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Heya welcome to the forums. I think its really personal preference, both are very great solid guns. I would go M9, but its really just a personal decision.

#3 mproia

mproia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hi

View Postaaps59, on 09 May 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Heya welcome to the forums. I think its really personal preference, both are very great solid guns. I would go M9, but its really just a personal decision.

hi aaps59,

Thanks for the welcome!  What do you like about the M9 and have you tried the M1911?

#4 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yup I've tried both, and I actually have been contemplating purchasing the 1911. The M9 just has such a great realistic weight and feel to it. I think of it as the airsoft worlds most solid pistol. It really has no "looseness" to it, and thats what I love about it. Both are wonderful guns.

#5 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I personally have the 1911 Mark IV and it is the best gun I have ever owned. I like the look and feel of the 1911 more than the M9. I have also tried the M9 and it was a very solid nice shooting gun. Like the previous people said it is mostly personal preference but there is one major thing to think about. The 1911 mags are single stacked and if memory serves me correctly the M9 is double stacked like most other M9s. the 1911 claims to hold 14 but you can really only put 13 because with 14 the bb follower gets locked down when you insert the magazine. The m9 on the other hand i believe has about a 24 round magazine.

Hope this helps,
Tony

#6 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

I am a big fan of the MK-series guns, as I have all of them, and multiples of a few. I had an M9 and promptly returned it. While, overall, it was nice enough, a couple things were 100% deal breakers (for me, obviously). One, I want all metal guns, and there is not, and never will be a metal out barrel to replace the plastic one. Two, mine was loose as all get out, and another brand new one I held in the shop (while returning mine) had just as much slop in the slide/frame fit. For the record, I have a number of real-steel Beretta 92's, and they are tight, in every respect. Finally, from a function standpoint, one of the biggest flaws is that the safety/decocker deactivates the DA actuation of the air valve. Unlike, for good instance, the KWA USP, whereby if you decock the hammer, it actually is designed NOT to do that. So, you can turn right around and fire off a shot in DA. That just doesn't work with the Beretta.

The MK-series guns are ridiculously reliable. Very powerful. Quite accurate. Good value.

#7 Dirt Bag

Dirt Bag

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

The most important thing is how t feels in your hand. Next is holster availability. The railed M9 is a bit difficult to find a good holster for. I don't believe there is a SERPA for it. I had to get a safariland for my M9 tactical.  BTW it is a great and sturdy gun. 1911 should be easy to get holsters for. I really like the HK45 and ATP. Just handle as many as possible before you buy one. As long as you get a KWA, you should be good.

#8 TonyAudenino

TonyAudenino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

If you get the 1911 I also highly recommend a SERPA holster. I have myn on their drop leg platform and it has to be the best thing I have bought in years.

#9 2good2betrue77

2good2betrue77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have both and love them both, but I personally prefer the MK series. While the M9 has more magazine capacity, the MK series are so much easier to work on if anything were to break. Accessing the trigger system, cylinder, etc. is way easier in my opinion.

Plus, there is always just a special place in my heart for a good old 1911 model pistol haha.

#10 mproia

mproia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hello All,

Thanks for the great advice!! I ended up getting the M1911 Mark IV and I love it.  

Tony I noticed the same thing about the mag and loading 14 BBs.  If you do load 14 BBs just dont slam the mag into the gun and you will be fine.  I can load with 14 BBs with no problems now.  If you want to feel the mag as you put it in with some gusto then use just 13 BBs.  Also, what kind of drop leg holster do you have as this is the type of holster I want.

Thanks again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)