• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chan.cauthen

chan.cauthen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

My atp is having a problem. It will fire the first shot but then the trigger won't reset for the second shot. It get locked in the trigger safety position. Any ideas?

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hey chan.cauthen

How long are you charging your magazine?  This could be simply a case of not having enough gas in the mag to fully cycle the slide that resets the trigger.  You should charge for about 15 seconds and you shouldn't have gas spewing out when charging the magazines.  It would mean that you are missing the charging nozzle O-ring.
They you may want to add a few drops of silicone oil that came with the gun in the hammer assembly and work it in.  Then clean and lightly relube the slide rails on the slide and the lower frame. See if this helps and let us know.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Hey chan,
Welcome to the forums. First, do what niko says, then if it still doesn't work, try checking the trigger back, which is right behind the trigger inside the frame to make sure it hasn't rode up. That might be the problem.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 May 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Hey chan,
Welcome to the forums. First, do what niko says, then if it still doesn't work, try checking the trigger back, which is right behind the trigger inside the frame to make sure it hasn't rode up. That might be the problem.
That was going to be my next suggestion. lol

#5 xX Chaotic Cam

xX Chaotic Cam

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft(no kidding?), real firearms, cars.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 04 May 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

That was going to be my next suggestion. lol

View PostOutlaw1995, on 04 May 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Hey chan,

View Postchan.cauthen, on 03 May 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

My atp is having a problem. It will fire the first shot but then the trigger won't reset for the second shot. It get locked in the trigger safety position. Any ideas?
That wouldn't be the issue, you can't pull the trigger at all when the trigger back is rode up.

Edited by xX Chaotic Cam, 04 May 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#6 chan.cauthen

chan.cauthen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I charge gas fully and i checked the trigger back and was fine. Still not working.

#7 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

Have you tried cleaning and oiling the recoil spring guide rod and the rails for the slide?  Also try adding a few drops to the hammer assembly and trigger bar.  Work it in by hand and try shooting again.
If all this fails you may want to send it into KWA for repair.  I have a feeling that the trigger bar needs to be reseated and angle readjusted using a caliper.

#8 drpepper

drpepper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Is sending the ATP in the only solution?  I've got the same issue.

Edited by drpepper, 09 July 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#9 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

If the problems stem from anything in the lower frame, I would suggest you send it in especially if you have never worked on a GBB pistol before.  The trigger bar is the cause you will need a KWA tech to reset it using a gauge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users