• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 M4gery

M4gery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Just ordered a new green gas mag for my 1911 mk iv ptp and it worked fine for the first few days but now when I attempt to put gas in it all the gas spews out from the nozzle without hardly any making it inside the mag (maybe enough for 1-2 weak shots). I've tried with multiple cans of green gas and the same thing happens, sometimes it doesn't spew but doesn't fill either like somethings blocking it from entering. Just wondering what's causing this.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostM4gery, on 29 April 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Just ordered a new green gas mag for my 1911 mk iv ptp and it worked fine for the first few days but now when I attempt to put gas in it all the gas spews out from the nozzle without hardly any making it inside the mag (maybe enough for 1-2 weak shots). I've tried with multiple cans of green gas and the same thing happens, sometimes it doesn't spew but doesn't fill either like somethings blocking it from entering. Just wondering what's causing this.
Hey M4gery, welcome to the KWA Forums.  The most likely reason for the gas leaking out is that the fill o-ring is missing.  They can come out and cause this to happen.  Look at the fill valve and see if the small black o-ring is still in place around the fill nozzle.  If not you will need to buy a new o-ring.  They are available  in the Pro Shop: http://store.kwausa....-ring4pack.aspx

Hope this helps.

#3 M4gery

M4gery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yep its definately not there so will get a new one, thanks for the help.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Welcome to the forums M4gery! There may be a few things that have caused this issue. O rings are the main reason why we experience this issue- but it could also be the way you fill your mag. Do you make sure that the nozzle of the gas can is perfectly straight and align with the fill valve? If not, you can spew gas everywhere. While buying O-rings is a solution to your problem, if you notice there IS an o-ring inside your charging valve, you might also have a faulty fill valve. You can buy them at the pro shop here:

http://store.kwausa....valveset-1.aspx

Oops... posted a little too late. Glad to see your issue is fixed.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 29 April 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostM4gery, on 29 April 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Yep its definately not there so will get a new one, thanks for the help.
Here's a little trick.  When you reinstall the o-ring add a drop of silicone oil that came with the gun to the fill valve.  This helps to keep the o-ring in place.

To install the o-ring follow these steps:
  • Place o-ring on a toothpick, gently
  • Place end of toothpick on the small opening of the fill valve
  • Using tweezers, work the o-ring down onto the fill valve stem
  • Seat the o-ring with the tweezers being careful not to nick it or damage it
  • Add a drop of silicone
  • Fill the mag and shoot something....

#6 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was just about to post this EXACT question, but regarding my brand new ATP mag, which I purchased along with my ATP.
It worked fine for a week, and then all of a sudden, (as above) it just spews freezing green gas all over my hands, instead of going into the magazine.

I just went and grabbed the two mags, and indeed (!!!) the one that is now not working is missing that tiny little seal. I never had any idea that there was even something in there, but clearly it serves a very important purpose!

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postdoug.nash, on 04 June 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

I was just about to post this EXACT question, but regarding my brand new ATP mag, which I purchased along with my ATP.
It worked fine for a week, and then all of a sudden, (as above) it just spews freezing green gas all over my hands, instead of going into the magazine.

I just went and grabbed the two mags, and indeed (!!!) the one that is now not working is missing that tiny little seal. I never had any idea that there was even something in there, but clearly it serves a very important purpose!
Install a new fill valve o-ring and your problem will be solved...see here: http://store.kwausa....-ring4pack.aspx

You will need to source them outside of KWA or wait till they are back in stock.  (call to be sure they are really out though...)

#8 doug.nash

doug.nash

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Thanks. I may just hit ACE or Lowes, to see if they have any micro-sized o-rings. I need to hit those places, anyway, today.

#9 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:DIY Airsoft. DIY speaker building. Chairsoft(LOL) some other stuff

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

You can get about 100 or more from McMaster-Carr for super cheap.  Like 3$ maybe  - Stay away from Moondogs o-rings though.... They are absolute crap.   Too soft of a material and too costly(rape) for our use.

Sorry I don't have the exact link as I bought mine a while back... only used 2 so far and have tons left.

Edited by Brick Stone, 07 August 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostBrick Stone, on 07 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

You can get about 100 or more from McMaster-Carr for super cheap.  Like 3$ maybe  - Stay away from Moondogs o-rings though.... They are absolute crap.   Too soft of a material and too costly(rape) for our use.

Sorry I don't have the exact link as I bought mine a while back... only used 2 so far and have tons left.
Brick Stone, I could be wrong but wasn't it you who said you've never used them? From experience, I can say they are the best o rings I've ever used, and while they may be more costly, and maybe Moondog is making a penny or two from them, I know Moondog personally and I like to support my friends, they are still hands down amazing o rings. They fit nice and tight into the gas charging valve and don't tear after a single use like most other o rings I've purchased in the past for a quick fix. Try them out, I'm sure you're going to be amazed as well.

#11 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Here is the link you need... From another thread in this forum... I actually thought you were referring to this thread that I'm posting below....  Read what I posted there.... and Sorry for making this reply a bit confusing...  

http://kwausa.com/fo...t=0
In that other post I gave you options to purchase 3 types for cheaper.  Moondogs type is included in the other post as well...  

I said why pay more?  Right?   I have them.  Tons of them. I bought his first.   Moondog is local to me and of course when I started out...I supported him too.

However, I also was fooled into thinking his 5$ for 6 o-rings was the only source.  I am an engineer and I've tried all the o-rings that I've mentioned (Other post) including his type in other applications.  Not just airsoft.  

All I did was seek out a better price and share it with you.

Do note some of my other posts on grease and whatnot.. You'll see how I go about finding and choosing the best stuff for our stuff.... and You'll also be able note that I share the info freely.  So you can save money in this hobby.  

Again though... just so you're clear.  If i didn't use them.... How else would I know that they are so delicate and can easily be ruined by a metal propane adapter? Sure they work.   But with the delicacy in mind...  Doesn't it make sense to save a bit of cash when purchasing these in case you have a few mishaps?  ( Again sorry for not realizing we were not on the "same page".. That was all my fault.)

I've not needed to replace the Superior Buna-N 002's that I've popped in.

All I did was give you a source where you could buy the same ones he sells for a much better price....  

I provided info on 3 different types of o-rings (other post) that are well suited for our GBB magazines.  I even gave you the 001 size part numbers which only apply really to TM GBB mags and their smaller valve.  

I sourced them for much cheaper than his 5$ for 6 deal.

I didn't KNOCK the product... I knocked the exorbitant price he charges and gave you a better option for purchasing the same product.   --> http://kwausa.com/fo...t=0

Again... I must apologize to you Outlaw1995 - I thought that HERE in this thread...  I  actually thought we were in the other post... That is here --> http://kwausa.com/fo...t=0 Sorry for not getting that quicker and responding accordingly.... Everything In my reply to you here... will only make sense if you read the post on the other thread.... Sorry for any confusion I had... and then caused.   PEACE

Edited by Brick Stone, 07 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#12 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Brick Stone, in no means was I trying to start an argument, please understand that. It was my mistake, and I must have gotten you confused with a user elsewhere who buys different o rings than moon dog's, who has stated the same claim you have. In no way am I knocking your findings on these o rings, in fact I welcome them, as they do help the community and it is not a bad thing at all. And if you must know, I am grateful. I take each and every case on this forum seriously, and welcome new findings to expand my own knowledge of the sport. I am always open to trying new things, and am always eager to experiment. Of course you could have sat back and chuckled at your office while we threw our cash away, but you did help us out in telling us some new places as to where to get o rings from. I thank you for that, and furthermore, will try some of your suggestions and see for myself. Everyone has an opinion, and opinions can be different depending on experiences. In my experience using Moondog o rings, I found them to be the best out of all the other o rings I have tried. But, your mileage may certainly vary.

Thank you for your suggestions, as I will check out the o rings you've talked about. I think the OP's question has been answered, and do not wish to further continue our discussion. Let's move on shall we?

Edited by Outlaw1995, 09 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#13 Brick Stone

Brick Stone

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

No worries... It was also my fault....  Reread and note I removed all my unneeded sarcasm.

I will say this...  SO far... in all my years parading around forums....   I've never met a more intelligent group of people at the forefront, who actually are as nice and respectful as anyone could hope... Hat's off to you for being patient with me and my part of that convoluted mess that I ended up creating....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.   :innocent:

Edited by Brick Stone, 07 August 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#14 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostBrick Stone, on 07 August 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

No worries... It was also my fault....  Reread and note I removed all my unneeded sarcasm.

I will say this...  SO far... in all my years parading around forums....   I've never met a more intelligent group of people at the forefront, who actually are as nice and respectful as anyone could hope... Hat's off to you for being patient with me and my part of that convoluted mess that I ended up creating....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.   :innocent:
Thanks man. I really like to hear that. We try to be as respectful as we can on these forums. I'm glad we were able to get through that and I'm really happy to have you on the forums. You bring a knowledge and expertise in many things I'm sure this forum is going to come to appreciate. I'm gonna check out those o rings though, because I always like trying new things.

And also, I think it may have been just some miscommunication at first on both our ends, because I mistaken your findings for someone else's. (Now looking back, I read your post on the other forum thinking that you've never tried Moondog's O rings and was just saying how in my experience I've liked them a lot) Any ways, happy to have ya on board. :)

Edited by Outlaw1995, 07 August 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magazine, mk iv, ptp, gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users