My M93R Has Never Worked Correctly! Help Me!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hi all! First post here! But here it goes.

I bought a used KWA M93r NS2 awhile ago. And from day one it has jammed while firing. Well not really "jammed" I guess but the slide gets stuck back and won't fire. I used to be able to get off maybe 10 shots before this happened, but now its dang near every shot. The slide will get stuck back about 1/8 of an inch, and I have to remove the mag and rack the slide to get it to seat properly. Sometimes racking the slide doesn't even do it. I would really love to be able to field this gun so please help me! If you need any more info just ask!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this is the problem. This is the top of the slide when its all the way forward:
Posted Image

And this is it when its stuck.
Posted Image

Ideas? Help? Thanks in advance!

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Could you remove the slide, spring guide, and barrel assembly and take a picture of the cylinder? I believe the feeding/jamming issue is due to the cylinder but need pictures to tell.

#3 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Welcome to the forums Amorton94! I agree with SR105. Question: When you pull your slide back, does the gas cylinder stick out around the ejection area, or does it snap fully back? If this is happening, when your slide comes forward, if you're gas cylinder doesn't snap back into place, the cylinder blocks the slide from returning to its normal position. That may be the cause of your jams.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 29 April 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#4 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Sorry, I'm working on the pics.

But the above pictures aren't the cause of the jam? The silver parts, idk what they're called, I thought were the cause. And when disassembled the corners look kinda worn and rounded.

And outlaw, how exactly am I supposed to see this? Isn't the gas cylinder inside the gun to where I can't see it?

#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

It is that black thing that has a nozzle at the end that directs the gas to the barrel. If you can't see it, then I guess it's not the issue then...

Edited by Outlaw1995, 30 April 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#6 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hey I was wondering if a video would help? An up close video showing me racking the slide, it being stuck, an up close overview and the an up close disassembly. Do you guys think that would help you help me?

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

More info is always better! :D Yeah send one over.

#8 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Okay well here is the video. Sorry for the tv in the background.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Amorton94, 01 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Tosh rules!

#10 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Haha well thanks for the help!....

#11 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

It seems to me you don't have Part 108. That will certainly be the cause of your locking block not working correctly-leading to your M93r not working correctly (jams etc). I don't see it on the pro shop, but give KWA a call to see if the part is in stock.

Thanks for the video btw, it was extremely helpful.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 02 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#12 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Was it really? Well thanks! So you think part 108 is what is doing it? What is that part? And I just call up kwa and they will hopefully send me one?

#13 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Part 108 is a spring that keeps tension on the locking block... You noticed the locking block acting up and not returning into place... It would be because your spring appeared to be missing in that video!!

In terms of calling KWA, just ask to place an order. Ask for Part 108 that goes on your M93r and they will give you a price, and then you can pay for your order over the phone I believe.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 03 May 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#14 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Well is it a special kind of spring? Cuz I cut up a pen spring and it didn't help. Also, what is part 84? I saw it in the diagram and it doesn't look familiar.

#15 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

If you have your manual, you can go to the back of it and see a parts diagram, followed by a list of the part names. If you don't have your manual, you can simply go to the kwausa.com website, go to your gun (M93r) and click under downloadable content: Manual. That will also provide it.

And yes, each spring is a special spring. Please do not put springs made for different purposes into your gun: you risk damaging it further. Only KWA-made springs go with KWA guns.

#16 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yes sir! Haha but no I don't have a manual, I just downloaded the diagram. It's doesn't tell me what they are though, just the number. So what is part 84? It doesn't look familiar to me.

Also, thank you soooo much outlaw for all your help! I greatly appreciate it!

#17 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

Oh I could have sworn they also gave part descriptions. Anyways. There's a notch under the barrel that has a spot for one side of the spring, part 84, to fit snugly under. Line it up, put it in, then put your locking block back into place. (you are going to need a thin object to remove the piece that keeps the locking block connected to the barrel.)

If I can get around to it, I'll update my M9 tear down guide and tear down the barrel for ya. And no problem, that's what this forum is for. For helping people!

#18 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well I haven't gotten around to calling kwa yet but I can't see the parts being more then like $10. But I might sell it here soon since its on craigslist so it doesn't really matter haha. I would love to see this working great, but I just bought a kwa m226 so fiddling with a non-functioning gun when I have a new, hopefully perfect working gun on the way. But I really appreciate all the help! So far I'm liking this forum! And don't think that your help was in vain, cuz the next owner, if there is one, will get all the info that was given! Thanks again guys!

#19 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

No problem man! Just giving you a heads up- the M226 is another one of the guns that seem the most problematic for people. Just be sure to take care of it, and hopefully it won't give you any issues! ;)

#20 Amorton94

Amorton94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Yah I'm really hoping there aren't any issues. But thanks! And I'll hopefully see you around the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users