4 replies to this topic

#1 Battlebison

Battlebison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Howdy all,

I recently purchased and just received a USP Compact with the NS2 system. It's been acting strangely out of the box. Since I'm not entirely sure what the problem may be, I'll part out my observations :). I'm using this chart (http://kwausa.com/fi...G07V01_USPC.jpg) to identify parts.

For those not wishing to read everything: My replica's slide locks about every other shot, bb's lodge in the gun, halp!

1. Before removing the replica from the box, I noticed the guide rod (47) was sticking out a couple of inches. Upon picking up the replica, it snapped back in. I'm new to GBB's so I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning as a possible culprit or simply something that can happen during shipping.

2. I've run the included magazine through the replica a couple of times (<4). Each time, the slide locks about every other shot and usually locks after the first shot.

3. I'm not sure if it's tied in with #2, but sometimes the replica will appear to dry fire and then a bb will be lodged in the chamber.

4. Will this (http://kwausa.com/fo...?showtopic=1525) help my problem at all? I attempted to remove the spring detailed in the guide, but the spring gave enough resistance that I didn't want to force anything. I don't want to fiddle with things that may not be the issue.

Thanks for taking a look at my issues. Like I said, I'm new to GBB's... but am a good listener. Any advice?

Edited by Battlebison, 26 April 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hey Battlebison...+1 for the screen name and welcome to the forum.  The fix is easy, pull out part #85 and spread it open a bit. Yes it can be difficult, but it will come out.  This will help hold down the part the is causing your slide to lock back.  This is what you linked to under #4 bullet in your post.

If you still have any dry firing issues post back.  The gun may just need a good cleaning and relubing to resolve this issue.

Note: Do not over stretch and it may take one or two tries.

Please let us know if this helps.

#3 Battlebison

Battlebison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

I tried this suggestion and it appears to have worked. I also used some of the supplied silicon oil to thoroughly lubricate the slide. I only put one magazine through the replica after the fix (my bags of bb's are across town :blinded:), but everything worked without a hitch. I'll post back if I have the same issues again once I run some more bb's through, but everything appeared operational.

Also, if it helps anyone else, to get part #85 out of the replica, I used a metal twist tie, like the ones used to seal bags of bread at the grocery story. I simply looped it through the protruding hook and gently pulled on the tie. Much more successful than my earlier attempt and it prevented the spring from flying off into some random corner of the room.

Also, thanks, gcw360. Your response was (incredibly) prompt and resourceful. I'll keep an eye on these forums in case I can ever be of assistance to anyone else.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostBattlebison, on 27 April 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Also, thanks, gcw360. Your response was (incredibly) prompt and resourceful. I'll keep an eye on these forums in case I can ever be of assistance to anyone else.

Please do.  We encourage everyone to share in their first hand product technical knowledge on these forums.  After all, that is why we are all here................:thumbsup:

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,567 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostBattlebison, on 27 April 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

I tried this suggestion and it appears to have worked. I also used some of the supplied silicon oil to thoroughly lubricate the slide. I only put one magazine through the replica after the fix (my bags of bb's are across town :blinded:), but everything worked without a hitch. I'll post back if I have the same issues again once I run some more bb's through, but everything appeared operational.

Also, if it helps anyone else, to get part #85 out of the replica, I used a metal twist tie, like the ones used to seal bags of bread at the grocery story. I simply looped it through the protruding hook and gently pulled on the tie. Much more successful than my earlier attempt and it prevented the spring from flying off into some random corner of the room.

Thanks man....my pleasure!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa usp compact, slide lock, slide lock problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users