Jump to content


M93 Broken Again

m93

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:49 PM



I sent my kwa in for repair 3 weeks ago and I just got it back today. Fire maybe 7 or 8 shots with green gas before it breaks, this time with a different problem.

Edited by Acelafan123, 25 April 2012 - 05:06 PM.


#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Your problem is having the slide off. By not having the slide on, you can't have the blowback effect, and without the blowback, the hammer can't reset and the gas valve striker "valve knocker" isn't resetting- resulting in lying on the gas release valve expelling your gas... Please put your slide back on and take another video please.. All GBB guns will do this-- the hammer falls, striking the gas release valve, but doesn't go back, because there is no gas blow back effect to reset the hammer back...
I can replicate your problem with any of my M9s. It's because your slide is off.

Like I said, is it possible that you can put the slide back on (barrel/recoil spring and all) and do another video please?

Clarification: to me, your gun is functioning normally. All guns will do this if the slide is not on. In the M9 series, if you field strip it, be sure to have the hammer cocked back, because if you wanted to insert a magazine, if there's gas in the mag, and hammer is forward, the valve knocker will stay in place and push all the gas out of your magazine. In order for this not to happen, when your M9 is field stripped, always keep your hammer cocked, unless you need to release the tension in the trigger return spring.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 25 April 2012 - 02:26 PM.


#3 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 25 April 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Your problem is having the slide off. By not having the slide on, you can't have the blowback effect, and without the blowback, the hammer can't reset and the gas valve striker "valve knocker" isn't resetting- resulting in lying on the gas release valve expelling your gas... Please put your slide back on and take another video please.. All GBB guns will do this-- the hammer falls, striking the gas release valve, but doesn't go back, because there is no gas blow back effect to reset the hammer back...
I can replicate your problem with any of my M9s. It's because your slide is off.

Like I said, is it possible that you can put the slide back on (barrel/recoil spring and all) and do another video please?

Clarification: to me, your gun is functioning normally. All guns will do this if the slide is not on. In the M9 series, if you field strip it, be sure to have the hammer cocked back, because if you wanted to insert a magazine, if there's gas in the mag, and hammer is forward, the valve knocker will stay in place and push all the gas out of your magazine. In order for this not to happen, when your M9 is field stripped, always keep your hammer cocked, unless you need to release the tension in the trigger return spring.
I'm with Outlaw, can we see how things work with the gun properly assembled.

#4 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I accidentally deleted the previous video link when i added the new one. I know that the hammer isn't supposed to reset itself. The gun isn't double action. I think that the hammer spring crapped out on me, although I don't understand how all of a sudden this problem comes up. I would assume the spring would weaken over time. The reason I fired the gun without the slide in the other video was to show even without the slide on the gun, the hammer wouldn't fully strike the gas output valve causing a minimum amount of gas to be released from the mag.

Edited by Acelafan123, 25 April 2012 - 05:31 PM.


#5 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft
  • Country:

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostAcelafan123, on 25 April 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I accidentally deleted the previous video link when i added the new one. I know that the hammer isn't supposed to reset itself. The gun isn't double action. I think that the hammer spring crapped out on me, although I don't understand how all of a sudden this problem comes up. I would assume the spring would weaken over time. The reason I fired the gun without the slide in the other video was to show even without the slide on the gun, the hammer wouldn't fully strike the gas output valve causing a minimum amount of gas to be released from the mag.

I think you may be right with the internal hammer spring idea... But the gun is fairly new so I don't think the spring would break that easily... it may be a few things: the valve knocker, the gas release valve, or even the pressure in your green gas can. (I'm assuming you're using green gas right?)

Here's a few things I suggest: clean the gun, buy a new can of green gas and see if anything changes... sometimes my M9 doesn't push the hammer fully back, but that's because my magazine is running low on gas, and the pressure from the used gas can is not enough to give sufficient recoil to cycle the gun fully back, in your case: cycle and push the hammer fully down. So try with a new can of green gas, and then report back with your results? Sound good?

Also: if you think the valve knocker isn't hitting the gas release valve hard enough, it could be either your valve knocker spring, or your gas release valve itself being a little too stiff.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 25 April 2012 - 06:00 PM.


#6 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country:

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 25 April 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:


I think you may be right with the internal hammer spring idea... But the gun is fairly new so I don't think the spring would break that easily... it may be a few things: the valve knocker, the gas release valve, or even the pressure in your green gas can. (I'm assuming you're using green gas right?)

Here's a few things I suggest: clean the gun, buy a new can of green gas and see if anything changes... sometimes my M9 doesn't push the hammer fully back, but that's because my magazine is running low on gas, and the pressure from the used gas can is not enough to give sufficient recoil to cycle the gun fully back, in your case: cycle and push the hammer fully down. So try with a new can of green gas, and then report back with your results? Sound good?

Also: if you think the valve knocker isn't hitting the gas release valve hard enough, it could be either your valve knocker spring, or your gas release valve itself being a little too stiff.
I am using green gas. I hate propane, it wears your gun down and it smells like sh#t. I did think about the gas release valve being too stiff and I tested it, it was actually very easy to push with gas in it. Even with a completely filled mag it was an easy push so thats not the problem. I tried another can of green gas, cleaned and lubed the gun and it still doesn't work. I found something out though, if I fire the gun while pointing it down it functions perfectly.

Edited by Acelafan123, 26 April 2012 - 12:51 PM.


#7 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country:

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I am now being told that I need to send it in for an RMA repair AGAIN! There is no way I am spending $60 to send it to california again. This is ridiculous.

Edited by Acelafan123, 27 April 2012 - 04:25 PM.


#8 Acelafan123

Acelafan123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Country:

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Thank god kwa is nice, they understand my frustration and they are sending me a shipping label.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m93

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users