#1 Bagwsp

Bagwsp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the Beach.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hello all!

I just recently decided to add one of those fancy-smancy Limited Edition M93Rs to my collection, and I was wondering if there's a known parts commonality between the M93R and one of the M9 variants (PTP, I would assume)

Specifically speaking, I'm wondering if I can put the standard length Outer/inner barrel from the M9 on the M93R. ( I want people to think I'm running a run-of-the-mill M9 until I decide to go all "Broken Arrow" on them) Also, I don't like how you can see the Shiny inner barrel through the side ports in the compensated barrel.

Lastly, will the M93R (original) Imitation Wood Grips fit on the newest M93R, and if so are they still obtainable? (I didn't see them anywhere on the pro shop).

Thanks a bunch,
-Bagwsp

#2 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Welcome to forums bagwsp! Some parts just as the trigger spring and cylinder return springs are compatible, but not all parts are since the M93R has very different internals- trigger bar, full auto firing controls etc... I've heard that you could swap barrels, but don't quote me on that. Until I can acquire an M93R, I can't confirm that. And by swapping barrels, I believe there is a slight modification you have to make.
I know the M9 can accept real wood grips made for the 92FS, but since the M93r has never been officially made, (it was project/prototype gun made by Baretta) and only a few have been made, it would probably be hard to find REAL M93r wood grips. Some companies may make them for their airsoft counterparts though.

As for seeing the inner barrel, I'm sorry about that, but you have to live with it... :|

If you need to view the parts, here's a link:
http://store.kwausa....2partslist.aspx

Enjoy your gun!!

#3 Bagwsp

Bagwsp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the Beach.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Outlaw1995, on 25 April 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

As for seeing the inner barrel, I'm sorry about that, but you have to live with it... :|

If you need to view the parts, here's a link:
http://store.kwausa....2partslist.aspx

Enjoy your gun!!

Thanks for the reply! The Shiny Inner barrel isn't really a problem, and if it was I'd just surface the outside of it and paint it. :P
As for the M93R it was, in fact, in production from the late 1970's to the early 1990's. (Very small production runs), but with a going rate of about 14-$16,000 per unit and a very small niche market they're next to impossible to come by. The only one I've ever seen is owned by "Rock" Galotti who was the chief Armorer for the movie "Broken Arrow" (Travolta's character used a M93R at the end of the movie).

When I have some extra coin laying about I'll go ahead and take a gamble on the Inner/Outer barrel and make sure to report my findings back here. I'm also going to remove the Forward grip as to increase my Holster Compatibility options. (Another reason I want the shorter M9 style outer barrel)

Cheers,
-Bagwsp

Edited by Bagwsp, 25 April 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Bagwsp, on 25 April 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply! The Shiny Inner barrel isn't really a problem, and if it was I'd just surface the outside of it and paint it. :P
As for the M93R it was, in fact, in production from the late 1970's to the early 1990's. (Very small production runs), but with a going rate of about 14-$16,000 per unit and a very small niche market they're next to impossible to come by. The only one I've ever seen is owned by "Rock" Galotti who was the chief Armorer for the movie "Broken Arrow" (Travolta's character used a M93R at the end of the movie).

When I have some extra coin laying about I'll go ahead and take a gamble on the Inner/Outer barrel and make sure to report my findings back here. I'm also going to remove the Forward grip as to increase my Holster Compatibility options. (Another reason I want the shorter M9 style outer barrel)

Cheers,
-Bagwsp
Thanks about the firearm's history! Not sure where I got the info about it being a project gun, but never heard it went into small production runs... (You learn something new everyday!) My thinking with the outer barrel is that all you need to do is take out the inner barrel, and just put the pieces onto the M9 PTP outer barrel. Remember, when you order the barrel all you are getting is the outer plastic barrel, and none of the inner barrel or hop up assemblies, so be sure you know how to take those things apart. I just might have to learn that now and add it to my M9 tear down guide...

#5 TangoDelta

TangoDelta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm on the same kind of boat on this, G&G makes a threaded barrel for KWA M9's, I was wondering if it would fit in a 93R.

#6 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

TangoDelta, on 26 April 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'm on the same kind of boat on this, G&G makes a threaded barrel for KWA M9's, I was wondering if it would fit in a 93R.
Well, there's only one way to find out. You have to be our guinea pig! Just remember to post your results though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users