• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Squ33S

Squ33S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Firstly I am newbie.  I watched reviews, comments on various guns/companies, personal testimony, etc before purchasing a KWA airsoft gun.  Out of the box I was VERY impressed with the weight and how solid the gun feels, when first firing I ran into a few problems, misfeed, not firing etc, but assumed it was part of the break in period.  By the 7th 470 hi cap mag its working well with very few little glitches.

I have looked through these forums (which are very informative btw) and read the manual cover to cover (all 18 or so pages).  Since this was a fairly hefty purchase and I am totally in love with this gun I want to make sure through proper maintenance schedule and general TLC this gun lasts for as long as possible.

My original question...motor adjustment.  I do not want to blow this thing out.  Is there a video or audio resource that I can gauge what my motor sounds like vs what is optimal or near optimal?

Thank you ahead of time for any help!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hi Squ33S: Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your purchase.  I have seen some videos and ASGI has one about motor height adjustment.  Your motor is adjusted at the factory so you shouldn't need to touch it.  Regarding how it sounds and what you should be aware of, it goes like this:
  • In too far -  the motor will start to bind in the gear box and ultimately cause the GB to seize
  • Out too far -  and the pinion gear will grind over the bevel gear causing a very unpleasant grinding noise
  • In between the sound of the gear box cycling should be a clean "pop" without and noticeable gear whine if the setting is correct
I would recommend that you leave the setting where is is.  That said, if I were adjusting the motor height I follow this procedure.
  • Fire the gun and listen for a base line sound
  • Turn the motor height adjustment until the sound changes, usually gear whine begins and the motor slows (one shot at a time and only a quarter turn of the screw at most)
  • back the adjustment screw out a little bit with each subsequent shot until the cycle sounds a clean "pop, pop".  Remember is you come out to far the gears will start to whine again.  If this happens just turn the screw back in until the best sound is obtained.  By best I mean "cleanest", "clearest"..."pop"
That's all there is to it.  Hope this helps.

#3 Squ33S

Squ33S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

It helped very much!  Thanks for explaining and advising!!!  GREAT forum...so much information!!!

PS have read other posts by members and moderators on a variety of topics...FANTASTIC community that has the other members and beginners best interest at heart!!!  I am sure I just found my ultimate resource.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,302 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

:clap: Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users