10 replies to this topic

#1 jakattack1987

jakattack1987

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

so i read somewhere that the lm4 could go through 3 mags worth of bbs on full auto with one charge of gas. If thats the case that is freaking awesome, i just wonder if that was when they were 30 rounds or if that was with the 40 round mags. if it was the 40 round mags that would just be unreal.

#2 Jatodude

Jatodude

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

View Postjakattack1987, on 18 April 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

so i read somewhere that the lm4 could go through 3 mags worth of bbs on full auto with one charge of gas. If thats the case that is freaking awesome, i just wonder if that was when they were 30 rounds or if that was with the 40 round mags. if it was the 40 round mags that would just be unreal.

As much as I love KWA, that's probably an overestimate of how good the gas system is.  On a good day, and on semi-auto, I don't think it'd be impossible.  But realistically I would say to refill after two mags.

#3 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yeah. I think I would test it for myself once I got it to make sure though. Otherwise id probably refill gas after every mag dump.

#4 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Acting, Piano, Films, Theatre, Firearms, Knives, Airsoft

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

When you say you read somewhere, you may be confused with what has been reported with the AKG. In an Airsoftology video, Jonathan Higgs (the host) talks about the AKG's magazine being very large- making the gas reservoir huge; accounting to being able to shoot 3 full mags of 40 rounds each with one gas charge. While that may be a bit of an overestimation, we will have to see for ourselves when we get the LM4 and AKG into our hands. Until then, we don't know.

WITH THAT SAID, MP7 and MP9s have the FV gas system, same as LM4 and AKG. MP7 has 40 round mag, while MP9 has a 50 round mag. People have reported gas efficiency that is unheard of with the MP7s and MP9s. Two mags full of bbs on one charge- even 2 and a half mags gone through with a single gas charge. So, the rumors may in fact be true.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 18 April 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#5 greatwatermelon

greatwatermelon

I Break GUNS!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yep. Nearly 3 full magazines (50rd) with one fill for KMP9's.... I have 3-4 buddies running KMP9's to confirm that.

#6 aaps59

aaps59

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostOutlaw1995, on 18 April 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

When you say you read somewhere, you may be confused with what has been reported with the AKG. While that may be a bit of an overestimation, we will have to see for ourselves when we get the LM4 and AKG into our hands. Until then, we don't know.

Hmm, I think I saw a video with the LM4 where the reviewer after unloading a mag, was touting how he still has gas left over. I believe this was one of the earlier prototypes, and as we all know, things change (not that I think this is one of those things). Also we don't know how much gas was actually left over. Im sure it'll be fine

#7 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

View Postgreatwatermelon, on 18 April 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yep. Nearly 3 full magazines (50rd) with one fill for KMP9's.... I have 3-4 buddies running KMP9's to confirm that.
And to add to that, KMP9 has a smaller gas reservoir... The LM4 will surely have more room for more gas. So... we may be getting some good "gas mileage!" :D

#8 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postaaps59, on 18 April 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hmm, I think I saw a video with the LM4 where the reviewer after unloading a mag, was touting how he still has gas left over.

reference 1:00...

But it still applies to the LM4, both GBBRs will have large magazines.

Edited by Outlaw1995, 18 April 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#9 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

K, they may have larger magazines but one thing a lot of people seem to forget is that the steel bolt for an LM4C for example, is much heavier in comparison to a MP7 or MP9. Soin my mind the preportions for gas efficiency is the same, if not *maybe* a little less if i had to guess. Could be wrong but thats the way i see it anywho.

#10 Outlaw1995

Outlaw1995

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postazzauzi, on 19 April 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

K, they may have larger magazines but one thing a lot of people seem to forget is that the steel bolt for an LM4C for example, is much heavier in comparison to a MP7 or MP9. Soin my mind the preportions for gas efficiency is the same, if not *maybe* a little less if i had to guess. Could be wrong but thats the way i see it anywho.
Well, we will get to find out very soon considering I have already bought my LM4c on ASGI!

#11 azzauzi

azzauzi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Gearwhoring, Milsim, KWA, food, travel, archery/bowhunting.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

*highfive!*

Me too :gun:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users